Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MXO2 mini and ventura capture issues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with Avid Media Composer Family (Mac)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
D_avidh
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: MXO2 mini and ventura capture issues Reply with quote

I didn't see a forum just for the capture software so taking a queue from the search results I decided to go with the first one that mentioned one of the products I was using.

essentially I am getting 2 errors. 1 stating the file length is invalid if I choose to not record audio, the other if I choose to record audio is a hung program.

I've read that the capture software seems to have a problem capturing less than 16 audio tracks (though the only option i have available is 8 )

I am using 720p at 29.97 (have changed it to 30 as well) from an iPad over hdmi with an MX02 mini with an expresscard 34 connection
I tried first the latest release of the software for snow leopard (i am on 10.6.8 ) and am now trying 2.2.1 per a post I ran across.

any help would be appreciated
Matrox_Support_Joe
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For 10.6.8, use Matrox driver 2.2.3.0043. Do not use any earlier drivers as there was an issue writing the encoded file if over 3gb.

For the audio, set it to the maximum. You should see 8 or 16 as the maximum (depending on the audio input source you select in the a/v input screen).

For capturing from an ipad, set the input format in Vetura Capture to 1080i 29.97 8-bit.

Then, click on configure codec and select either Prores or Matrox mpg2 iframe codec and match the frame rate to 29.97.

Let me know if this helps, otherwise we will do a remote session and check things out in more detail.
D_avidh
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, I'll clean up and reinstall the newer version.
the audio inputs after 8 are all greyed out however, so changing them has to be done with a plist editor.

if you mean number of channels, I have 2, 4 or 8 available.. 16 is not an option.
Matrox_Support_Joe
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hatchda@wellsfargo.com wrote:
ok, I'll clean up and reinstall the newer version.
the audio inputs after 8 are all greyed out however, so changing them has to be done with a plist editor.

if you mean number of channels, I have 2, 4 or 8 available.. 16 is not an option.

Yes, with hdmi you have a maximum of 8. You would have 16 with SDI or RCA. Just set it to the maximum option available.
D_avidh
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ran into issues with the machine not starting up properly after the "downgrade" (if I had to guess, it'd be a piece of security software that tends to argue with anything that is plugged in)

so I decided to try the settings with the older version.

it looks like it is recording fine.. though, obviously the size problem could be.. well, a problem. So i'll try the settings again with the updated software tomorrow.
Matrox_Support_Joe
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok sounds good. Please post an update when ready.
D_avidh
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I first tried to just run with the older version, and got crashes after a few seconds of video. Probably exactly after 3mb.

So i uninstalled, rebooted, reinstalled the latest version, rebooted and made the settings you stated above.

with 1080i I didn't have an option for 29.97 and 59.<whichever> didn't work at all. So i switched to 720 at 29.97 and the matrox encoding. Recorded no problem.

But then I needed to include the matrox codec when I was sharing the files with others for them to see it. So i tried a few of the other codecs and pretty much without fail got errors about dropped frames, which started the recordings over again from that point. not so great for a demo.

until I switched to "animation" at which point everything seemed to go fine.

thanks for your help! now how the heck do I change the name here from my e-mail address?! ha ha
Matrox_Support_Joe
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, sorry, 720p 29.97 is indeed the correct format for ipad capture.

Glad to hear it is working now.

For your forum username, I'll get a customer care representative to help out.
elagerway
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:16 pm    Post subject: MX02 Mini - OSX 10.7.3 - Thunderbolt - iPad 2 - HELP! Reply with quote

Had this working with ExpressCard just fine, but after upgrading to new laptop and Thunderbolt, I am now getting errors on iPad 2 (This accessory is not supported by iPad) and blue flickering screen via Vetura when attempting to capture.

Have restarted, powered off iPad several times, still no go. Which is disappointing because that used to work in similar situations when I was using the express card, although I was also using iOS 4.3.3 then as well.

Also not seeing the device via Premiere Pro CS5.

Using this software:
ftp://redirect:r45j99t3@video.matrox.com/private/mxo2/Matrox_MXO2_Mini_version_2.4.dmg

Mac OSX 10.7.3
iPad 2 (iOS 5.1) HDMI to Mini MX02
Host cable to Thunderbolt (Showing Connected to Matrox unit in System Report)

As a last ditch effort I will attempt to try AirPlay from my iPad to Apple TV and try and capture on MX02 from there but before I do that...HELP! Smile[/img]
Matrox_Support_Joe
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:18 pm    Post subject: Re: MX02 Mini - OSX 10.7.3 - Thunderbolt - iPad 2 - HELP! Reply with quote

elagerway wrote:
Had this working with ExpressCard just fine, but after upgrading to new laptop and Thunderbolt, I am now getting errors on iPad 2 (This accessory is not supported by iPad) and blue flickering screen via Vetura when attempting to capture.

Have restarted, powered off iPad several times, still no go. Which is disappointing because that used to work in similar situations when I was using the express card, although I was also using iOS 4.3.3 then as well.

Also not seeing the device via Premiere Pro CS5.

Using this software:
ftp://redirect:r45j99t3@video.matrox.com/private/mxo2/Matrox_MXO2_Mini_version_2.4.dmg

Mac OSX 10.7.3
iPad 2 (iOS 5.1) HDMI to Mini MX02
Host cable to Thunderbolt (Showing Connected to Matrox unit in System Report)

As a last ditch effort I will attempt to try AirPlay from my iPad to Apple TV and try and capture on MX02 from there but before I do that...HELP! Smile[/img]

For CS5, you will need to use Matrox 2.2.1.0042. This support Premiere 5.0.3

Regarding your capture from ipad, verify that you're using 720p 59.94 as your capture format.

I do not know if a change in iOS might have affected this but please try capturing from other devices as a test to make sure your Matrox hardware is working properly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with Avid Media Composer Family (Mac) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: