Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

cs5 freezes, for nothing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with previous versions of Adobe & other supported software (Windows)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dexrex
(MXO2)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:54 am    Post subject: cs5 freezes, for nothing Reply with quote

Hi Guys , I have another new problem now, its been 3 days i have been having this issue. I am using MXO mini with MAX . while editing my CS5 just freezes and does not work at all unless i force to end the program and re-open it ,
I am using :

File Path: E:\visit Nepal\Mandip2\Mandip001.avi
Type: Matrox AVI
File Size: 40.6 GB
Image Size: 1920 x 1080
Pixel Depth: 24
Frame Rate: 25.00
Source Audio Format: 48000 Hz - 16 bit - Stereo
Project Audio Format: 48000 Hz - 32 bit floating point - Stereo
Total Duration: 00:57:51:10
Average Data Rate: 12.0 MB / second
Pixel Aspect Ratio: 1.0
Codec Type: MPEG-2 I-frame HD
Bit Depth: 8
Scan Mode: Interlaced - Upper Field First
Actual Image Size: 1920 x 1080
Created: Sunday, November 06, 2011 at 03:08:54.

I have made sure that my Playback settings of Matrox match with these settings like Bit rate , 8 , frame: 25 1080i.

I was so frustrated that i end up un-installing CS5 and re-install the software both Matrox and CS5. Now i am using CS5.0 did not bother to upgrade to CS5.3. I have tried disabling my Antivirus Trend Micro Titanium but did not help at all,

I am not sure what is causing this issue,

My System ,

wINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE,
RAM: 12 GB
64-BIT O.S.
INTEL I7 950@ 3.07GHZ.

My Graphics Card version :
GEFORCE GTX 570
DRIVER VERSION : 263.09
CUDA CORES; 480
GRAPHICS CLOCK 732 mhz
processor clock: 1464 MHZ
Memory clock: 1900 MHZ (3800 MHz data rate)
Memory interface 320 bit
dedicated video memory : 180 mb GDDR5
sytem video memory 0 MB

shared system memory: 2815 MB
video Bios: 70.10.17.00.0.
IRZ 24
Bus PCI Express x 16 Gen2
Direct X version 11.0..

Please Help me Guys

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
dexrex
(MXO2)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also I get this Error Message sometimes:
Runtime Error!

Program: C:\Progra....

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it an unusual way
Please contact the aplication's support team for more information.

ofcourse when i press Ok , it gives me message adobe premiere has stopped working .

I have just updated my graphics card; drivers which did not help at all,
also i have deleted all the adobe preview and Matrox preview files, thinking it might help.
dexrex
(MXO2)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also just a heads Up, What i did , I shut down my computer, turned off my Matrox Mini , and started editing the same footage on Premiere CS5 monitor. It did not crash at all , but there was few jerks on the video preview, i tried to render , all the video , but in between , it gives error message:
"Error compiling movie unknown error." but premiere did not crash at all , i am not sure if did anything wrong while capturing movie, as i had bit trouble capturing this footage like , there was quite a few drop outs on the screen , and , even when i capture the footage there was bit of black screen , which i have already posted my issue before, but i have already returned the camera so i havent captured any footage yet!
Matrox_Support_Sam
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Can you confirm your exact Mtx.utils and CS5 Premiere version?
Did you previously have other Adobe versions installed on same system?

Have you tried clearing Adobe preferences by holding down the Shift key while starting Premiere from your desktop?

Can you reinstall the MXO2 drivers, while following the steps below?:
- uninstall the current MXO2 drivers
- download and right-click the Mtx.utils exe file and select Properties. Under the General tab, click unblock (at the bottom) if it is seen.
- Make sure the UAC option is turned off (set to Never Notify in Windows 7 settings) before running the MXO2 setup * may need to reboot
To disable UAC option or set it to Never Notify in Windows 7, please follow this link: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/975787
- Run Mtx.utils setup and then make sure a full reboot and power cycle is performed (after install is complete, shutdown PC, disconnect MXO2 Mini power for several seconds, reconnect power of MXO2 and then power up the PC)
- re-enable UAC option if needed
Verify Device Manager for any unknown devices or errors.

Does the freeze issue only occur with this specific clip?
Have you tried creating a Bars and Tone within same project and see if this works?

What exact steps are you performing to case a freeze? Adding effects? Playback, scrub?

Any additional information is appreciated so we can troubleshoot the issue here.
dexrex
(MXO2)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sam,
Thank you for your reply, I am currently using Adobe CS 5 .0 i was using and mxt .utils 5.1.1, I was using the same version of Premiere as i mentioned earlier i updated to CS5.0.3. but never had this issue. It is hapenning to the most of the clip that i am using , which was captured on same day.
No i am not applying any effects here, Premeire freezes even when i play the video on Source Monitor in Premiere.

I have done everything you said, Uninstall re-install mxt tools Unblock everything , premiere, But still problem persist. I would not say Problem occurs in specific clip, as it seems to be happen with all of the clip that i have captured on a same day , I noticed when i captured at the start the screen was going black which i thought was a bit unuasual , thats why i posted the issue in my previous Post.

What i have done was turned off the Matrox. and just tried to edit the footage on Premiere without Mini Matrox. Premiere does not freezes but sound goes smoothly but the visual starts playing up as if i have applied the strobe effect , like the unrendered sequence, but premiere does not freezes sound goes smoothly and the visual starts to play normal again,
so i think problem seems to be with the Codec only.

I have captured through Mini MPEG-IFRAME HD 8 bit (HDV footage). I tried to simply export the movie using adobe codec to Microsoft AVI but exporting freezes on 32% so its not exporting the movie either.

But when i turn on the Matrox mini it is allowing me to export the movie using its codec. but when i use the exported movie in Premiere, it does same thing.

I havent tried with the color bars and tones as the viusal freezes in the source monitor it self .

I have checked Device Manager everything is OK. and also updated the NVDIA latest drivers.

-------------
Any other Suggestions??????

Matrox_Support_Sam wrote:
Hi,

Can you confirm your exact Mtx.utils and CS5 Premiere version?
Did you previously have other Adobe versions installed on same system?

Have you tried clearing Adobe preferences by holding down the Shift key while starting Premiere from your desktop?

Can you reinstall the MXO2 drivers, while following the steps below?:
- uninstall the current MXO2 drivers
- download and right-click the Mtx.utils exe file and select Properties. Under the General tab, click unblock (at the bottom) if it is seen.
- Make sure the UAC option is turned off (set to Never Notify in Windows 7 settings) before running the MXO2 setup * may need to reboot
To disable UAC option or set it to Never Notify in Windows 7, please follow this link: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/975787
- Run Mtx.utils setup and then make sure a full reboot and power cycle is performed (after install is complete, shutdown PC, disconnect MXO2 Mini power for several seconds, reconnect power of MXO2 and then power up the PC)
- re-enable UAC option if needed
Verify Device Manager for any unknown devices or errors.

Does the freeze issue only occur with this specific clip?
Have you tried creating a Bars and Tone within same project and see if this works?

What exact steps are you performing to case a freeze? Adding effects? Playback, scrub?

Any additional information is appreciated so we can troubleshoot the issue here.
dexrex
(MXO2)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also when i play those videos in Media Player, video becomes bit jerky at times and even Media Player gives error message like " Encounter the Problem" so seems like there is the problem with the codec only while capturing the video. is there any way we could convert this video ?????
Matrox_Support_Sam
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi dexrex,

To confirm you are running Premiere CS5.0.3 with Mtx.utils 5.1.1? Did you make sure to uninstall Matrox drivers, update your Adobe version and then reinstall Matrox drivers?

Can you try re-exporting the source footage to Matrox Mpeg2 HD codec using Premiere's File > Export > Media > Microsoft AVI? Try playing back the exported footage and see if this works.
As a test, you can also try exporting to Matrox DVCPROHD or Uncompressed HD 8-bit and see if this works. You may require additional storage for uncompressed files.

Can you confirm the playback of a Bars and Tone is fine?

If the above suggestions do not work, can you try deleting the Media Cache and temp files? Please follow the steps below to do this:
Quote:
- Go to C:\Users\%username%\App data\Roaming\Adobe and delete the folders: Adobe Media Encoder, PProHeadless (if exists) Premiere Pro and PremierePro.
- Go to C:\Users\%username%\App data\Roaming\Adobe\Common\ and delete the folders: Media Cache and Media Cache Files. You may have selected a specific location for these folders to be saved through Premiere's Edit > Preferences > Media. Please note down this location and delete the respective Media Cache folders.
- Open Premiere. Go to Premiere's Edit > Preferences > Media, and under Media Cache Database click the Clean button. Close Premiere after this.
- Go to C:\Users\%username%\My Documents\Adobe\ and delete the folders Adobe Media Encoder and Premiere Pro. Note: Make sure no project files or footage is located in these folders.
- Delete any of the mtxTemp folders for your projects, usually found in your ...Adobe Premiere Pro Preview Files\mtxTemp folder of your project scratch disk location.
- Go to C:\Windows\Temp and delete the contents of the Temp folder (not the Temp folder itself).
- Go into Registry Editor (Start > Run and type regedit) and delete each of the cache folders located in the 5.0 folder here (do NOT delete the 5.0 folder itself, only the folder contents in 5.0): HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Premiere Pro\5.0
WARNING: Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Matrox cannot be responsible for improper use and editing of the registry. Edit the registry at your own risk. For information about how to edit the registry, contact Microsoft for support. Note that you should make a backup copy of the registry files before you edit the registry.

Please let us know your results after performing the above suggestions.
dexrex
(MXO2)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello guys i am back again, i did everything you said, i re-rendered the video and resolved issue long time ago, as i am a freelance user i use it once in 3 or 4 months , now i have another problem when i open premiere with Mini mxo2 it freezes many times , without Matrox it works fine, also while importing files AVCHD it takes hours and hours to import with mini mxo2 sequence ,If i am lucky , i am able to import but while editing it freezes in the middle . Now what i did was i changed the secondary hard drive thinking that it could be the problem with hard drive transfer data issue and re-formatted my master drive with Windows re-installation but still having same issue i think its the problem with the MXO2 mini itself , i think its time for replacement ...did everything but did not resolve my issue.
Matrox_Support_Sam
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

To confirm, you are running a fully-licensed version of Adobe CS5? No trial or demo version?

Can you try the following Known Issues? http://forum.matrox.com/mxo/viewtopic.php?t=7245

Have you been able to try out the MXO2 Mini MAX on a different system?
dexrex
(MXO2)

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matrox_Support_Sam wrote:
Hi,

To confirm, you are running a fully-licensed version of Adobe CS5? No trial or demo version?

Can you try the following Known Issues? http://forum.matrox.com/mxo/viewtopic.php?t=7245

Have you been able to try out the MXO2 Mini MAX on a different system?

Hi sam thanks for your prompt reply i turned off the virtual sync which did not help at all , i havent tried in different system yet, which seems to be great idea to isolate whether its the hardware issue or the System issue . i might have to wait for a while to find any of my friends using Desktop as i am using laptop. i will let you know once i get to test in different system ,
Many thanks
spreeni
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dexrex wrote:
now i have another problem when i open premiere with Mini mxo2 it freezes many times

I recognized the same behavior on large projects with many dynamic linked AE sequences. It helped to quickly drag the sequence-pointer to an empty space on timeline (maybe at the end or so). This must be done immediately after opening project and Matrox welcome screen.
Matrox_Support_Sam
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback dexrex, we await your results.
spreeni, thank you for your suggestions as well.
rblezer@home.nl
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Do you have a software stripeset ? And If you do , does the media cache sit on these drives?

I have found these random freezes, are comming from this specific setup.

Remedy place the mediacache files on a single drive.
Matrox_Support_Sam
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your suggestions rblezer@home.nl.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with previous versions of Adobe & other supported software (Windows) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: