Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Playback freezes every 5 minutes
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with previous versions of Adobe & other supported software (Windows)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rzpro
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:16 pm    Post subject: Playback freezes every 5 minutes Reply with quote

I got get latest version of Premiere Pro CS55, latest driver for my MXO2miniMax on a System with GeForce GTX470, dual Intel CPU (3GHz 6 cores each), 24GB of RAM, Windows 7 64 Bit and 2TB RAID 0 striped. Basic installation, no other software ...

The problem is: If I do some usual editing in the timeline window, klicking and dragging the edit line, scrubbing, using the tools in the program window, the same thing happens every approx. 5 minutes:

- Playback freezes, both in the program window an on the external monitor (HDMI).
- I can drag the edit line, klick the control structures .. nothing happens.
- I can still save my project.
- I have to terminate Premiere "the hard way" (task manager).

If I restart Premiere - without rebooting Windows - everything works fine for approx. another 3-7 minutes.

The problem survived a reinstall of the machine, downgrade of the minimax driver. On a similar machine without the mxo2 hardware no freezing occurs.

Any idea please?
Thanx for your help!
Matrox_Support_Sam
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Can you confirm what version of Matrox drivers you are running?
Are you running the latest Windows updates, and latest BIOS, chipset, audio and graphic card drivers?

Did you have a previous version of Adobe software installed on same system?
Is Adobe CS5.5 a trial version or fully-licensed version?

Can try deleting/clearing the Adobe preferences by just holding down the Control+Alt+Shift keys immediately after you launch Premiere program? If that does not work, please try holding down the Shift key only while launching Premiere.

Before installing Matrox drivers, did you make sure to unblock the Mtx.utils downloaded file and disable UAC?

If not please try the following:
- uninstall the current MXO2 drivers
- update all Adobe CS5 apps
- download and right-click the Mtx.utils exe file and select Properties. Under the General tab, click unblock (at the bottom) if it is seen.
- Make sure the UAC option is turned off (set to Never Notify in Windows 7 settings) before running the MXO2 setup * may need to reboot
To disable UAC option or set it to Never Notify in Windows 7, please follow this link: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/975787
- Run Mtx.utils setup and then make sure a full reboot and power cycle is performed (after install is complete, shutdown PC, disconnect MXO2 Mini power for several seconds, reconnect power of MXO2 Mini and then power up the PC)
- re-enable UAC option if needed
Let us know if this helps.
rzpro
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I started from new on my Dell Precision 7500 with MXO2 with MAX:
-- make sure, bios is up to date
-- create partition, install Windows 7 64bit professional, make sure, all updates are there, latest Nvidia driver etc.
- Adobe CS5.5 (Version 5.5.0) fully licensed, no previous version on this machine
- Matrox drivers 5.5.0.40, downloaded today, unblocked and UAC set to never as suggested
- shut down, unplug MXO2 power supply, reconnect, reboot
- start Premiere without any shift, control or alt key
- load previous project
- create a new sequence using Matrox presets, copy clips from the older (Matrox) Sequence to the new one, just to make sure ...

.. and it freezes again!!

Template: Matrox-HD, 720p@50fps
footage XDCAM-EX (JVC HM700, HM100) @ 35Mbps
Playback set to full resolution, Audio device is MXo2

Regards
Dieter
Matrox_Support_Sam
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dieter,

Unfortunately, we are not seeing this type of behavior in house.
Does the issue occur with only this project sequence and set of clips? Have you tried creating a new project with simple Bars and Tone clip with no freezes? There may be a specific clip or segment which is corrupted or causing conflicts.

If possible, can you try deleting the Media Cache and temp files? Please follow the steps below to do this:
Quote:
- Go to C:\Users\%username%\App data\Roaming\Adobe and delete the folders: Adobe Media Encoder, PProHeadless (if exists) Premiere Pro and PremierePro.
- Go to C:\Users\%username%\App data\Roaming\Adobe\Common\ and delete the folders: Media Cache and Media Cache Files. You may have selected a specific location for these folders to be saved through Premiere's Edit > Preferences > Media. Please note down this location and delete the respective Media Cache folders.
- Open Premiere. Go to Premiere's Edit > Preferences > Media, and under Media Cache Database click the Clean button. Close Premiere after this.
- Go to C:\Users\%username%\My Documents\Adobe\ and delete the folders Adobe Media Encoder and Premiere Pro. Note: Make sure no project files or footage is located in these folders.
- Delete any of the mtxTemp folders for your projects, usually found in your ...Adobe Premiere Pro Preview Files\mtxTemp folder of your project scratch disk location.
- Go to C:\Windows\Temp and delete the contents of the Temp folder (not the Temp folder itself).
- Go into Registry Editor (Start > Run and type regedit) and delete each of the cache folders located in the 5.5 folder here (do NOT delete the 5.5 folder itself, only the folder contents in 5.5): HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Premiere Pro\5.5
WARNING: Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Matrox cannot be responsible for improper use and editing of the registry. Edit the registry at your own risk. For information about how to edit the registry, contact Microsoft for support. Note that you should make a backup copy of the registry files before you edit the registry.

Please let us know your results after performing the above suggestions.

Also, are there any specific 3rd-pary plugins or hardware installed?
Have you tried setting the PCIe card into a different PCIe slot? Have you made sure the PCIe card is properly seated and host cable is not defective (bent pins)?
To confirm, all Matrox devices are installed in Device Manager?

Can you send us your project file which reproduces these freezes? We may get a better understanding of the issue at hand.
Please zip the project and send it to mxosupport@matrox.com to the attention of Sam.
rzpro
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sam,

it's a fresh installation of Windows, Premiere and drivers from an empty partition.

-- I guess that I should have started with empty caches and temp file storages. Is this right?
-- No there are no 3rd-party plugins or hardware
-- there are 13 Matrox Audio/Video Devices, no unresolved Item in Device Manager

What I did today:
- 2 XDCAM-EX tracks (720p50, 35mbps) and an additional Audio track (48kHz, WAV uncompressed)
- Matrox-HD sequence 720p@50fps: It froze mainly after actions in the timeline: dragging the edit line, clicking to reposition the edit line, short and long distance jumps (secs to mins)
- Matrox-HD sequence 720p@50fps: it freezes rarely after actions in the program window
- XDCAM-EX sequence: It doesn't freeze at all, if copy the whole contents of the sequence to a sequence not using a Matrox preset, e.g. XDCAM-EX!!

I am going to transmit the project file today.
I am going to try another PCIe slot.

Regards
Dieter
rzpro
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sam,

maybe this helps:

- Once I could not shut down my machine after a "freeze". Windows told me, it would be waiting for a sound to play. I am using the Mxo2 as my default sound system!

- Another time, Premiere would not start. It terminated after some secs without any message. I pressed the shift key while starting it .. and it came up.

What happens, if I use ctrl, shift and/or alt-keys during the startup process of Premiere. Never heard of this before ...

Regards
Dieter
Matrox_Support_Sam
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dieter,

We received your project and linked some in house files. Unfortunately, we are not seeing the same behavior here.
Some temp or cache files may be located in the saved location of the folders of your project or sequences. These may remain even after installing the OS since your storage drive may be on a different drive.

Have you tried setting the Video Renderer and Playbck to Mercury Software only instead of GPU acceleration? Does this make a difference?

Are you running with Matrox or Adobe Player? Have you tried switching the Player Setting in Edit > Preferences > Player Setting?

Have you tried disabling the Matrox Realtime Engine, available in General tab of Playback Settings window? Uncheck the Enable Matrox RT technology setting and see if this helps.

The Shift or Ctrl+Alt+Shift keys clear the Adobe preferences and other Adobe temp files. Some users reported that Ctrl+Alt+Shift did not work for them, while others said the Shift only key worked. So to be safe, we listed both as suggestion.

Have you tried setting the Windows Sound device to the onboard audio? Does this help?

If possible, can you upload some XDCAM EX files which may help reproduce the problem on our end. I will send you ftp information to upload the files.
Also, please let us know your results when changing PCIe slot.
MrsEmPeel
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:10 pm    Post subject: Same Problem sort of problem Reply with quote

I have the same sort of problem. It happens on all projects all types of video.

I start a project (right now HDV 1440 X 1080i 29.97fps) import the video. Not too bad a crash here and there. I then sync the 2 videos... premier will crashs or give me the "not responding" about every 20 minutes or so. I have to restart.

When I get to multi-camera edit..... every thing gets much worse. Premier crashes after everything I do. You can start the multi-camera editing, but as soon as you stop, you can't do anything again. Everything looks right, but nothing will play (not the source moniter, not the program moniter, not multi-camera moniter) and timeline won't scrubb audio or video.

You press play button once or twice (with no response) and then everything goes white.... and poof. You're done. Totally locked up.

I've reinstalled, reinstalled and reinstalled. New drivers, old drivers, with matrox, without matrox. New hard drives, old hard drives all with the same results.

I am running:
HP Xw9300 Workstation
Dual Quad Core Opteron 285 at 2593 Mhz.
16 GB DDR Ram
NVidia GTX 470 with 1.25 GB ram
Matrox MX02 Mini with Max
1TB Raid for work projects
300 GB system drive
Win 7 b4 bit

Any all all help is needed!
Chris
Matrox_Support_Sam
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Chris,

Does your issue occur without Matrox drivers? You mention "with matrox, without matrox." Please let us know if you get the same results in an Adobe sequence.

Besides the multicam workflow, are you working with nested sequences?
MrsEmPeel
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the project I was working on I started with a HDV (HDV 1080 X1440(60i) 29.27) project. I had previously tried to start as a Matrox project, but the video would not capture. I read a couple posts that suggested capturing the video in a HDV project.

Once the video was captured I created a Matrox sequence (at the time I had a RT.X2 card installed) with the same settings. I put the video on the sequence and began syncing it. It was running OK but about every 20 - 30 mintues CRASH.

I nested the sycn sequence into my multi-camera sequence to begin editing. That's when everything got worse. As I stated before I can start the first edit run and it will go as long as I go. When I stop editing the timeline adjusts to all my edits, but then you can't play, you can't do anything at all.

I thought maybe the problem was the old RT.X2 card, so I invested in the MX02 Mini with Max. The problems became worse.

That's when I cleaned my system...took out the RT.X2, removed all Matrox files, temp files, etc. Reinstalled Premier. Reinstalled Matrox. Tried to open the my project that I had already started. It opened fine but still all the problems. Tried making a new project and importing the old one.... Same problems. After several tries and 2 days wasted, I uninstalled Matrox again. Uninstalled Premier again.

Right now... because I'm behind schedule on my project. I just reinstalled Premier CS5 and updated to 5.03. I'm working my project without any matrox at all.... It is working incredibly stable. No freezes, no red lines.

I can edit in the "sync sequence", go back to my "multi-cam" edit sequence run it without any problems at all. If audio is out of snyc (dropped frames in video inport" I can go back and fix it in the sync sequence, go right back to multi-cam editing and still no problems. I'm Thrilled. Premier is working great and seems to be stable for now.

But that doesn't solve any of my Matrox problems. I've been frustrated with Matrox perfomance since going from CS3 - CS4.

Although Matrox Mnin is still hooked up to my machine there are no drivers installed and I'm not using it.

I'll try installing it all again in two weeks when I start my next project, but for now I'm going without.

Chris
Matrox_Support_Sam
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the update.
Have you tested the latest Matrox 5.5 drivers with Adobe CS5.5 or were your tests always with Adobe CS5.0.3 and Mtx.utils 5.1.1?

We are conducting some tests with Multicam sequences and hope to resolve any remaining issues you may have.
rzpro
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sam,

I did an upload of a quite huge file from my JVC GY-HM700E(A) to provide some original footage.
I keep on checking your proposals and post an update as soon as I can ..

Regards
Dieter
[/url]
rzpro
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sam,

I did a lot of testimng today:

Quote:
Have you tried setting the Video Renderer and Playbck to Mercury Software only instead of GPU acceleration? Does this make a difference?

no difference: freezes

Quote:
Are you running with Matrox or Adobe Player? Have you tried switching the Player Setting in Edit > Preferences > Player Setting?

Adobe Player: freeze
Matrox Player: freeze

Quote:
Have you tried disabling the Matrox Realtime Engine, available in General tab of Playback Settings window?
Uncheck the Enable Matrox RT technology setting and see if this helps

I disabled the Matrox Realtime Engine ... and haven't seen the freezes for a long time!!

So I end up with Matrox Player, Mercury Playback and no Matrox Realtime Engine ... for the moment.

I continue testing tomorrow.

By the way: What would be the costs of disabling the Matrox Realtime Engine. When would I miss it ?? Did I by the Max Engine in vain?

Regards
Dieter
rzpro
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sam,

it did not freeze, since I disabled the Matrox Realtime Engine!!

I lost accuracy, the HDMI monitor is a little bit delayed compared with the program window, if I drag around etc.

So let me repeat my question(s) please:

What would be the costs of disabling the Matrox Realtime Engine. When would I miss it ?? Did I buy the Max Engine in vain?

How should I proceed? Wait for the next version of the Matrox driver?
rzpro
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sam,
are you still there? Please reply!
Regards
Dieter
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with previous versions of Adobe & other supported software (Windows) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: