Joined: 04 Jul 2005
|Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:18 am Post subject: Adobe Media Encoder Web Streaming Fast Start (Workaround)
|For Adobe Media Encoder (CS 5 or 5.5) users who would like to enable the equivalent of Compressor's 'web streaming fast start' option (when encoding to H.264 using Matrox MAX in Adobe Media Encoder), please consider the following:
Adobe Media Encoder does not currently support the 'Fast Start' feature. As a workaround, if you created a QuickTime (.mov) file in Adobe Media Encoder, and you want to make the file a 'Fast Start' file, perform the following steps:
1. Start QuickTime Pro 7, and open the .mov file.
2. Choose File > Export.
3. From the Export list, select Movie to MPEG-4, and then click Options.
4. Make sure MP4 is selected from the File Format list.
5. In the Video pane, select Pass through from the Video Format list.
6. In the Streaming pane, select Enable streaming and Optimize for server.
7. Save your file as an .mp4 file. (Ref# 56876)
Matrox Video Technical Support