Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MXO DEAD AS A DOORNAIL

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gregvannoy
(MXO)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:12 am    Post subject: MXO DEAD AS A DOORNAIL Reply with quote

My MXO that I had been using for a year or so just went haywire. The following is a post by a guy in another MXO thread who describes what happened to him. It is EXACTLY what is happening to me:

I've just turned on my computer this morning to import some footage. The MXO monitor started to randomly switch off, followed by my main monitor. They only went off for a second before switching back on again (the MXO monitor just went black, while my main monitor went to blue before going black).

I checked the connections and all seemed fine. I also turned off the computer to make sure that the graphics card was seated properly. But it didn't make any difference.

When I next turned the computer on and booted into OS X, the switching off and on sequence started again and the intervals between it happening became faster and faster until eventually both monitors were permanently off.

I thought that my ATI X1900 graphics card had gone caput. But just to make sure I turned off the computer and disconnected the MXO. When I rebooted everything was fine with no problems.

I am on a Mac QuadCore running 10.6. I uninstalled the MXO software 2.1.5.02 and tried reinstalling but the install will hang forever at "Detecting MXO Hardware". The blue light is on steady but it's like it's just not there. The Matrox System Prefs say "Product ID: NOT CONNECTED" "Board ID: NOT CONNECTED" "Serial Number: "NOT CONNECTED" etc.

This is frustrating. I paid too much money for this thing to be dying on me after such a short amount of time. I've barely had it a year and haven't even worked it very hard in that time. Toss in lackluster support and what do you get? A lot of angry customers.
Andy Mees
(MXO)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey again Greg

Your MXO comes with a three-year warranty on the hardware and three years of complimentary telephone support. (Note that only registered MXO units are eligible for Matrox phone support). Judging by all the troubles you've been having these last few weeks it really seems likes its time you called them direct (not sure where you are geographically, it may mean a late night/early morning call at your end) and see if you can get this sorted. If your unit is defective then you'll be eligible for warranty repair or replacement.

http://www.matrox.com/video/en/support/mac/mxo/contact/

Best
Andy
SimonMW
(MXO)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy, there is something weird going on here. There seems to be a number of people who have come to this forum now with similar issues.

My MXO's light is on, but the device won't function. I'm going to try swapping out the USB cable to see if that has anything to do with it as another person here seems to have had luck with this.

But otherwise I do find it odd that there has been a sudden influx of dead MXO's
Matrox_Support_Mac
(Moderator)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys,
I replied to the other thread here: http://forum.matrox.com/mxo/viewtopic.php?t=2930

We'll continue the replies over there!
Smile

Thanks,
-Mac
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: