Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to Convert HDV 1440x1080i to H.264 640x360 for Web?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with Final Cut Studio & QuickTime based software (Mac)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IssaET
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:42 pm    Post subject: How to Convert HDV 1440x1080i to H.264 640x360 for Web? Reply with quote

I just purchased a Matrox MXO2 mini with MAX and have just finished editing a HDV 1440x1080i video in my FCP timeline. I am using FCP 6.06 and my sequence setting is using the FCP HDV 1080i Easy Setup. The render control of the sequence is set to ProRes. I did not ingest my footage using the mini because my Sony Z1U Camcorder has the optional HVR-MRC1K Compact Flash Recorder. After recording I use the Log & Transfer to get the footage off the compact flash card (via Firewire) into FCP.

I need to know how can I get my edited sequence converted to 640x360 Frame Size, Square Pixels, H.264 Format so that it can be played back on the web using the Matrox Mini? I'd appreciate of anyone can give me some guidelines on the workflow process and what setup steps I need to take in this regard. Thanks.
LeavingTheCandy
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:55 am    Post subject: Workflow Reply with quote

You will need to use Apple Compressor or Adobe Flash Encoder.
IssaET
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was playing around with it and found that by using Compressor and selecting one of the Matrox provided presets it did the job and I am super pleased with the final rendered version of the video. I did have to tweak the default settings to check the de-interlace checkbox and also specify the source video frame size.

I used the Matrix 640x360 for Flash settings but noticed that it would create an output file with an extention of .mov. I renamed this to .flv and my embedded flash player in the browser was able to play back the video without any problems.
Matrox_Support_Matthew
(Moderator)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi IssaET,

As LeavingTheCandy mentioned you need to use a program such as Apple Compressor to convert your video to various formats. What I recommend you do is export from FCP using QT Conversion. With this export you want to export with the same properties (ie frame rate, frame size, aspect ratio, etc) as your source. Then import this file into Compressor and do the conversion to your needed format here.

As for the .mov extension, you shouldn't have to rename it to .flv since our flash exports simply use a .mov wrapper but can be played in flv players.

Thanks for the help LeavingTheCandy!

Regards,
Matthew
IssaET
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for clarification Matthew.
Matrox_Support_Matthew
(Moderator)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi IssaET,

No problem. If you have any other questions don't hesitate to start a new thread.

Regards,
Matthew
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with Final Cut Studio & QuickTime based software (Mac) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: