Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MXO2 mini Digital hits on capture

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with Final Cut Studio & QuickTime based software (Mac)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Homefire
(MXO)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:31 pm    Post subject: MXO2 mini Digital hits on capture Reply with quote

We have been using a MXO2 mini for ProRes capture from HDCAM from component out from a HDCAM deck. We use capture now in FCP 7 on 10.5.6.
All was fine for a number of tapes. Now we are getting digital hits. A green bar at top of frame pulsing at about 1 sec. The pulsing hit shows up in the log window but is intermittent. But on the capture clips the hits run every other second across the top of the screen.

Help...
Matrox_Support_Matthew
(Moderator)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Homefire,

You'll want to update OSX to 10.5.8 as this is what we tested under for FCP 7 and if you haven't already done so, I suggest you update to the 1.8.1 MXO2 drivers.

Have you tried capturing as another codec, perhaps DVCPRO? What frame size and frame rate are you capturing as and what is your source? Do you want to do any scaling on capture?

Regards,
Matthew
Homefire
(MXO)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Matthew-
I misspoke. We are on 10.5.8 and the 1.8.1 MXO2 drivers. 8 core MacPro. We are capturing HDCAM 1080i from a HDCAM deck via composite at 1920x1080 ProRes HQ 1080i. We captured a few hours of clips without any problems. The "hits" started after a recent startup. You can see them appear in the log/capture window even without a tape in the deck so it's not the playback head. It's a pulsing green pixelated bar across the top of the frame. Every other second. I won't be back to that system until next week. I'll recheck all the settings and disconnect the other deck from the MacPro ( XDCAM) and HDMI out of the MXO2 mini to see if it might be interference.

Any other ideas?

Thanks
Matrox_Support_Matthew
(Moderator)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Homefire,

Sorry for the delay in responding. If you capture the clip despite that multicolored line and play it back from the timeline and out the MXO2, do you still have that line? As per our 1.8.1 release notes;

Quote:
When capturing to DVCPRO NTSC 4:3 or 16:9 using Final Cut Pro with MXO2, you may see a multi-colored line at the bottom of the capture window, however this does not affect the video that is captured. (Ref# 49287)

Quote:
When capturing a 1080 source to NTSC and previewing the capture through the MXO2 HDMI output, a line of distorted video may appear at the top of your HDMI monitor. This issue pertains to the preview only, and does not affect your capture. (Ref# 50271)

Regards,
Matthew
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with Final Cut Studio & QuickTime based software (Mac) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: