Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Full HD 60i capture?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase for Matrox MXO2 Mini
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davide-NYC
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:31 pm    Post subject: 1920 x 1080 i60 Support? Sony HVR-V1U ->MX02mini ->Pre Reply with quote

I plan to return my MX02mini tomorrow until this is all sorted out. I should have asked here first but alas I AssUMe.d that the mini could do this.

See http://techblog.cineform.com/?p=385.

Quote:
Inverse Telecine Processing ? Sony HVR-V1U, Canon Vixia, and Other HD Camcorders

Many HD camcorders ? such as Sony's HVR-V1U and Canon's Vixia series ? now offer the ability to record 24p (24-frame progressive) to emulate the visual ?feel? of film recording. But before it is recorded to HDV tape, 24p material captured by the image sensor is often inserted into an interlaced 60i (60 fields per second) HDV stream ? a process called ?telecine?.

So before I give it back, can the mini capture from my Sony V1U HDMI port? If so how exactly?

Cineform does not yet support this feature with the MX02 mini but they told me that once DirectShow drivers are released they can make it happen.

Does the mini support 1920 x 1080 i60 ingest at all? I see that the frame rate caps at 30p for HD res. Am I missing something?
Davide-NYC
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That last sentence should read 1440 x 1080 i60, since that is what I believe is actually output from the HDMI port on my V1U.
Andy Mees
(MXO)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Davide

The camera should output your captured video over HDMI at 1920x1080 60i ... and yes, the MXO2 Mini deals with that just fine.

Best
Andy
videoguys
(MXO)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to clarify, you can capture full-res HD footage witht eh MXO2 Mini. Either uncompressed or using Matrox MPEG-2 CODEC. Youc an;t at this time capture directly into Cineform.

Here's more from our newly postedMOX2 Mini FAQ:

How do you capture HD with Adobe Premiere Pro on Windows?
MXO2 Mini gives you two options for HD capture in Adobe Premiere Pro. You can capture uncompressed HD or you can capture into the Matrox MPEG2 HD CODEC. The Matrox MPEG2 HD CODEC allows you to variably set the bit rate and has been used in Matrox's Axio and RT.X line of products for years. It is tested and proven in even the most demanding broadcast environments.

Does Matrox MXO2 Mini support AVCHD?
If you're working with AVCHD, you can capture the footage using the MXO2 Mini via the HDMI or Component video input into ProRes with Apple Final Cut or the Matrox MPEG2 CODEC as mentioned above with Adobe Premiere Pro.

The MXO2 Mini also supports CineForm NeoScene and NeoHD. You can't use the Matrox MXO2 Mini to capture directly into the CineForm CODEC yet, but Matrox and CineForm are working together to add that support to the MXO2 Mini with CineForm's NeoHD. For now, you need to convert your AVCHD files into CineForm's CODEC and then edit them with Adobe Premiere Pro. This conversion is faster than realtime and an hour of AVCHD footage usually takes between 20-30 minutes to convert, depending on the speed of your computer. Your CineForm timeline will then play out through the MXO2 Mini's HDMI or Component video outputs.

Videoguys' Tech Note: Cineform NeoScene and NeoHD are available for the Mac but have not been tested with the Matrox MXO2 Mini with Apple FinalCut Pro at the time of this article.

The advantage of using CineForm over native AVCHD is that it is a better compression for video editing. AVCHD is amazing and it packs a ton of exquisite HD footage into very small files. Unfortunately these files require a ton of horsepower to edit. Even with a powerful machine editing more then 2 layers of AVCHD footage becomes problematic. You'll see sluggish timeline performance and jittery previews. The CineForm CODEC is practically lossless. Your video will look just as spectacular, in full 1920 x 1080 resolution, only it will be much easier to edit. You'll even be able to handle multiple layers of CineForm HD footage with filters and effects on a Core i7 machine.

http://www.videoguys.com/Guide/E/Matrox+MXO2+Mini+++Great+Things+DO+Come+in+Small+Packages/0xeeb8bc8d3ce278dc0957f399f56527ac.aspx

Gary
Matrox_Support_Vic
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do to inactivity of this thread, it will now be locked.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase for Matrox MXO2 Mini All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

This board is protected by Phpbbantispam