Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

No Audio Through HDMI
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with Final Cut Studio & QuickTime based software (Mac)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SteveP
(MXO2)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:15 pm    Post subject: No Audio Through HDMI Reply with quote

Guys,

The original thread I was part of has been locked ("Bad Audio when monitoring thru HDMI output"), but my problem has not been solved - I am sorry to say that I cannot spend a lot of time consistently troubleshooting my MXO2 (I go with work around solutions & I squeeze in time to troubleshoot with you when I can). What has changed since the earlier posting is I am now able to check the MXO2 on a different computer (a whole different setup including monitor) (my previous setup was on a MBP - and the specs are in the previously mentioned thread. Now I am on MacPro) the only thing that is similar with the systems is the MXO2 box. I've even dumped out the HDMI cable... and now I am connected through the PCI card instead of the Express 34.

The problem is slightly different right now because I get no audio through HDMI, where in my past setup it had a heavily digital phased quality to it.

Here are the specs of my current system (as you asked for in the previous locked post)

Version of OSX: 10.5.8
Version of FCP: 6.0.5
Version of QT: 7.6.4
Software version of MXO2 drivers: 1.7.0.0041
Firmware version of MXO2 drivers: 23.5
Easy Setup:Matrox MXO2 - DVCPRO HD 720p 29.97
Video Output settings: MXO2 - DVCPRO HD 720p 29.97 YUV 8-bit (1280 x 720)
Audio Output settings: Matrox MXO2 Audio Output or Built in Output (same in either settings)

Input selected in Apple System Preferences under A/V Input: CVBS / Analog balanced XLR
Main Channel in Apple System Preferences under Video Output: 720p
HDMI settings in Apple System Preferences under Video Output: What is there to adjust here? It says "*HDMI always outputs the main channel"
Analog settings in Apple System Preferences under Video Output: Main channel

What type of monitor are you connected to:Panasonic-32TCLX85
Is the distortion only on HDMI or analog output or both: Right now I am getting no audio.

I get audio through HDSCI, XLR and the RCA's, but I really want it through HDMI. Help me and tell me what I'm doing wrong or lets get another RMA going.

TY.

Steve
Matrox_Support_Matthew
(Moderator)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Steve,

Would it be possible for us to get on the phone to discuss this issue? It should be much faster then going through the forums. Let me know what time you're available and I'll do my best to call you then. You can PM me the phone number you would like me to call you. Please remember that we have EST (GMT-5) and we're here until 5pm.

Regards,
Matthew
KurtEX1
(MXO2 with MAX)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also still have no audio through the HDMI output. Never have. I am still on a MBP 1.6 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo. My system specs are the same except for I'm using FCP7 now and a Sequence with 1080i59.94 in Prores 422. Audio through the XLRs and the RCAs is not clean and has random hick-ups or popping.

Oh, and my Monitor is a Dell UltraSharp 2408WFP.

Kurt
Mad
Matrox_Support_Matthew
(Moderator)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kurt,

What version of the MXO2 drivers are you now using? There have been several updates since we last spoke.

Can you also provide some details on your setup in FCP and in the MXO2 Control Panel under Apple>System Preferences? The same information as what Steve provided in his above post would also be great.

Regards,
Matthew
KurtEX1
(MXO2 with MAX)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are the specs of my current system (as you asked for in the previous locked post)

Version of FCP: 7.0
Software version of MXO2 drivers: 1.7.0.0041
Firmware version of MXO2 drivers: 23.5
Easy Setup:Matrox MXO2 - Apple ProRes 422 1080i 59.94 48Khz
Video Output settings: Matrox MXO2 1080i 59.94 YUV 8-bit (1080 X 1920)
Audio Output settings: Matrox MXO2 Audio Output or Built in Output (same in either settings)

Input selected in Apple System Preferences under A/V Input: Component / Analog balanced XLR
Main Channel in Apple System Preferences under Video Output: Follow Application
HDMI settings in Apple System Preferences under Video Output: What is there to adjust here? It says "*HDMI always outputs the main channel"
Analog settings in Apple System Preferences under Video Output: Main channel

What type of monitor are you connected to:Dell UltraSharp 2408WFP
Is the distortion only on HDMI or analog output or both: Right now I am getting no audio from the HDMI.
KurtEX1
(MXO2 with MAX)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it's been 3 days? Any resolution on these audio issues? It's seeming to me that this must be a know issue that will mean an expensive recall and as such keeps getting lost in the passing posts.

Continuous posts back and forth with repeated user info isn't solving anything.

I'm concerned about the lack of speed at which the Matrox issues are being addressed.

Did I make the right choice in going with Matrox over AJA?

Kurt
Matrox_Support_Matthew
(Moderator)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kurt,

Please revert to the 1.6 drivers as the 1.7 drivers are intended for Snow Leopard ONLY.

Have you tried connecting to a monitor other then this Dell? Maybe try an HD TV? I recently spoke with someone who wasn't getting HDMI audio when connected to his Sony TV and when they connected the MXO2 HDMI output to an LG TV they got audio.

Also, try disabling Audio mapping in Apple>System Preferences>Matrox MXO2>Audio output.

Regards,
Matthew
KurtEX1
(MXO2 with MAX)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Matthew,

I am about to install SL so I'm going to hold on 1.7. As well, I was having the same problems with 1.6 anyway.

I have tried another monitor, a Panasonic plasma, with the same results, no audio from the HDMI output.

I disabled Audio mapping with no change.

I am also not able to get clean audio from my XLR or RCA outputs as mentioned in other posts. Still getting random hick-ups here and there even with fully rendered tracks. This happens even with a down-sampled stereo version of the mix.

Thanks

Kurt
Matrox_Support_Matthew
(Moderator)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kurt,

Please check your PM's.

Regards,
Matthew
philstone
(MXO2)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:03 am    Post subject: HDMI audio out Reply with quote

Matthew

I have been following this thread as I have the same problem.
Here is my set up:-

MacPro Quad-Core Intel Xeon 2.93 GHz -8 GB mem - NVIDIA GeForce GT 120
The Matrox MXO2 card is in slot 2.

Version of FCP: 6.06
Software version of MXO2 drivers: 1.5.0.0017
Firmware version of MXO2 drivers: 21.4
Easy Setup:Matrox MXO2 - Apple ProRes 422 1080i 50 48Khz
Video Output settings: Matrox MXO2 1080i 50 YUV 8-bit (1080 X 1920)

Input selected in Apple System Preferences under A/V Input: s video / Analog unbalanced rca
Main Channel in Apple System Preferences under Video Output: Follow Application
Analog settings in Apple System Preferences under Video Output: sd channel

What type of monitor are you connected to:2 x Dell UltraSharp 2408WFP
Is the distortion only on HDMI or analog output or both: I am getting no audio from the HDMI. - Audio from RCA is OK.

I have tried both monitors and got the same result, changed cables etc.

I also have a problem after a reboot where there is no HDMI output
but the component out is OK - rebooting a second time usually gets round the problem.

Has the problem been sorted for Kurt and Steve?

Please keep me in the loop.

Regards
Phil[/b]
philstone
(MXO2)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK

I think I have found the problem.

Open system preferences-Matrox MXO2

Go to the Audio Output tab and enable audio mapping

in the SDI 7/8 and HDMI 7/8 section at the bottom change the pair to 1/2

you should now hear audio through the HDMI

Regards
Phil[/img]
KurtEX1
(MXO2 with MAX)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil,

Well I can confirm your findings as well. Now I get the Sequence audio through the HDMI to the Dell monitor. A little weird as the SDI 1/2 and HDMI 1/2 section is also set to 1/2. The Dell doesn't break the audio channels out to the 8 embedded, so who knows for sure if the other 6 are sending audio as well.

I am still getting random hick-ups/pops though through RCA, XLR and now HDMI.

Thanks

Kurt
Matrox_Support_Matthew
(Moderator)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Phil,

In response to your first message;

Software version of MXO2 drivers: 1.5.0.0017
Firmware version of MXO2 drivers: 21.4

I suggest you update as we've released several new drivers since the 1.5 drivers. We're presently at 1.8.

"Audio Output settings: Matrox MXO2 Audio Output or Built in Output (same in either settings)"
Do you mean you don't have audio either when using the built-in output? This should be your Mac Pro's soundcard and not our box.

On the MXO2 Mini you have the option to adjust this, on the MXO2 and MXO2 Rack it's fixed.

As for your second message, thanks for sharing that workaround. Strnage that you have to adjust that setting. The only reason you would normally have to change that is when you have the audio on tracks 7/8 of the timeline and want them out channel 1/2 on our box.

Something that could cause a digital sound to the audio is if you use the MXO2 for it's unique closed captioning abilities (closed captioning written to audio track Cool, when you play track 8 out you will hear it as a series of beeps or ticks.

Regards,
Matthew
philstone
(MXO2)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matthew

Thanks for the reply.

All audio outputs are working as they should the only peculiarity is the HDMI audio out which has to be changed from SDI 7/8 to SDI 1/2. (using FCP channels 1&2 Stereo pair tacks only) to hear the audio via HDMI. (all other outputs are OK)

I am not using closed captioning.

Kurt has the same problem - maybe its a Dell 2408 WFP feature?

I am still using 1.5 drivers as I was not sure that FCP 6.06 and Leopard 10.5.8 were compatible with 1.8. I will await your conformation before trying it.

Many thanks

Phil
Matrox_Support_Matthew
(Moderator)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Phil,

Please go ahead and update to the 1.8 drivers. These support all combinations of FCP6, FCP7, Leopard, and Snow Leopard.

Regards,
Matthew
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with Final Cut Studio & QuickTime based software (Mac) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: