Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mojave

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with FCP X and Compressor (Mac)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Reta
(MXO2 LE with MAX)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:25 am    Post subject: Mojave Reply with quote

Out of curiosity, there is compatibility between the operating system Mac OS Mojave Matrox MXO2 LE MAX
Reta
(MXO2 LE with MAX)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you buy my Matrox x?2 LE Max for my was a major outlay and I find that I can upgrade my Mac Pro to the new operating system of Apple but you are not able to live up to and I am in the disquisition of update and throw away my Matrox or follow in a long-lived system to convey. Yours is not a reputable company attitude and much less is occur me buy a product your with the system of planned obsolescence that you have.
Matrox_Support_Joe
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Reta,

Please see this post regarding drivers for Matrox MXO2 family, CompressHD, Mojito MAX and Mojito 4K: http://forum.matrox.com/mxo/viewtopic.php?t=14381

With the latest MAC release (4.6.0.0006), the official supported OS is Yosemite; however El Capitan works as well (unofficially).

If your MAC system and editing software version are supported with Yosemite and El Capitan, then you have the option of setting up a dual boot configuration that will allow you to continue to use your MXO2 hardware:

1. Create an extra boot partition on your hard drive. Instructional video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bea0iNuP5yE

2. Install MAC OSX Yosemite (or El Capitan) on the new partition

3. Install the software applications to be used with the MXO2. List of supported applications:
ftp://ftp.matrox.com/pub/video/doc/MXO2_Supported%20OS%20and%20applications_4.6.pdf
(Note: minor updates to software versions should still work properly)

4. Install MXO2 driver version 4.6.0.0006

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Partitions will be setup as follows:

- Boot 1 (existing partition): Sierra/High Sierra/Mojave

- Boot 2 (new partition): Yosemite or El Capitan / Editing application / MXO2 driver 4.6.0.0006

To choose which partition to boot from, hold the 'Alt/Option' key on your MAC when you hear the MAC boot-up sound at startup.
Reta
(MXO2 LE with MAX)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your solution is useless to me, so I want to have a partition on my disk and have my editing application not updated on an obsolete operating System. What I need is to update the drivers of my Matrox MXO2 LE Max card so that I can use it with the latest versions of FCPX in the most recent OS Mojave, it is a shame to see these types of cards as expensive in their time and prices laughable now A in the second-hand Market. I don't think it's very good publicity for YOU.
Matrox_Support_Joe
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I regret that you do not see the suggestion provided as a viable method of continuing to use your MXO2 hardware. This thread will be closed; feel free to start a new one or contact me directly if you have any other questions.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with FCP X and Compressor (Mac) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: