Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Novice in need of some MXO2 mini MAX installation help/advi

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with Final Cut Studio & QuickTime based software (Mac)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yissmedia
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:00 am    Post subject: Novice in need of some MXO2 mini MAX installation help/advi Reply with quote

The subject of the post says it all. I'm a beginner at this and need some help getting video through the MXO2 mini MAX to my iMac.

Anyone available to help a novice through the process???
Matrox_Support_Vlad
(MXO)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,

As a first step you might consider referring to User Guide and getting more familiar with unit functionality, system requirements and supported OS X and applications. Here is the link:

ftp://ftp.matrox.com/pub/video/doc/Matrox%20MXO2%20Installation%20and%20User%20Guide_4.5.1.pdf

Once you go through all basic information, connecting the MXO2 to the iMac would be the next step. The only available connection is through Thunderbolt adapter. For more detailed information on connecting your iMac to Matrox MXO2 Thunderbolt adapter please refer to User Guide Chapter 3, page 44-45.

To check Thunderbolt connectivity:

Go to System Profiler > Hardware > Thunderbolt.
Verify the list of devices. If detected, the MXO2 should appear as a 'T/ADP' device.

For more detailed information on supported OS X and application please refer to the link: ftp://ftp.matrox.com/pub/video/doc/MXO2_Supported%20OS%20and%20applications_4.6.pdf

It is recommended to install the MXO2 software on a computer with the hardware connected. The latest version of the MXO2 software can be downloaded here: http://www.matrox.com/video/en/support/downloads/. When you install the MXO2 software while your MXO2 hardware is powered and connected to your Mac system, the software installation automatically verifies the firmware on your MXO2 hardware and updates it if required.

Please note all the applications such as FCP X, Adobe, etc should be installed before the MXO2 software.

I hope this helps
yissmedia
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much for your help! I'm farther along today than I was yesterday.

Everything from a systems check is fine - the computer recognizes the Matrox unit and Thunderbolt. I opened Quicktime and the program recognizes the Matrix. However, I cannot see video coming from the HDMI input. I have audio just fine (direct from the mixing console) but the HDMI feeding video is not seen.

I am in an Auditorium control room (international school in Seoul, Korea) seeking to capture video for the events we hold here. The video will be used for archive & live streaming purposes. The HDMI line has been tested and it works fine - I just need the right configuration in the Matrox software for me to see the video... I do have Matrox Vetura Capture and also have been configuring things through Apple's system preferences.

Any thoughts on the correct configuration that will help me see video???

Thank you SO MUCH!

Brian
Matrox_Support_Vlad
(MXO)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Brian,

Before you start capturing you need to configure the A/V input section of the Matrox preferences. Set appropriate input according to the physical connection to device you are capturing from as the source for both Video and Audio. Then make sure that "scale input for capture" option is not selected. Load Vetura, open the preferences and match the video format to the format being output from your device (camera, deck, etc).

Regarding supported codecs, you can use any of the codecs that are installed on your system to capture your clip using Vetura Capture. However, how well a codec performs depends on your system's CPU speed and storage size. To play back the captured clip on another system, the same codec that was used to capture the clip must be installed on the system.

Note* The Matrox MAX H.264 codec is not supported for capture with Vetura Capture.

For more detailed information on Matrox MXO2 Supported Input and Capture formats please refer to User Guide Appendix C pages 175 - 176

ftp://ftp.matrox.com/pub/video/doc/Matrox%20MXO2%20Installation%20and%20User%20Guide_4.5.1.pdf
yissmedia
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vlad

Thank you so much for your help - I'm really making progress. I was able to get the video successfully recorded, and the audio sounds great. However, after about 1 minute or two, I get a warning pop up that says, "One or more frames were dropped during capture" and the recording stops.

Any idea what could be causing that and what I could do to prevent?

Brian
yissmedia
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK - so I changed the codec from Apple to Matrox and I seem to have a stable recording (10 minute test)

Now, my only issue is that the iMac is not recognizing the .mov file. UGH!!!

And finally...any suggestions on how to get the Matrox connected to my YouTube live feed? Would love to be able to record video but also stream the signal.

THANK YOU!!!
Matrox_Support_Vlad
(MXO)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Brian,

To avoid having dropped frames during the capture enable "Capture unstable video signal" feature in Apple menu > System Preferences > Matrox Utils > A/V Input. By enabling this feature dropped frames will not be reported and capture will not stop.

You should be able to play .mov files on your computer, unless the file is corrupter or damaged. For more detailed information on using the Matrox MPEG-2 I-frame codec please refer to User Guide Chapter 9, page 105-107.

http://webtest.matrox.com/video/media/pdf/support/mac/mxo2/doc/en_Matrox_MXO2_Installation_and_User_Guide_4_5_1.pdf

Please note YouTube is not supported application therefore you won't be able to use it with MXO2.
yissmedia
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vlad

You've been SUPER helpful. Thank you so much.

I'm running into an issue with the codec - I am getting an error message that I have a version of Matrox Mojito on my computer and that I should remove it. I thought I had done that by completely uninstalling everything related to Matrox and then re-downloading the files I needed. I guess I didn't do it completely. Any suggestions on ensuring the uninstallation of files on an iMac?

Also, if YouTube is not a good option for live streaming, what do you recommend?

Take care -

Brian
Matrox_Support_Vlad
(MXO)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Brian,

What OS X version you are running?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with Final Cut Studio & QuickTime based software (Mac) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: