Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The future does not look bright...!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michele_AU
(MXO)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:34 am    Post subject: The future does not look bright...! Reply with quote

I am not sure if this was a good moment to give my opinion, having a **** day filming hasn't help... but here goes anyway... Guys, look around, you might have to take your shades off, as it doesn't look bright...!
I have been a matrox user since it's very early days and have had this MX02 for a few years now and it has been awesome but what is it with you guys and your drivers, it takes forever and a day to get them up and running, by the time you do, the next ones are out..what is that?
I am clearly no developer so l can't speak from experience and of course, a lot goes into them but really, i am sorry to say that this will be my last Matrox product as l can not handle the slow updates.... rant over !
Andrew Smith
(MXO2 with MAX)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's always tempting to be on the latest and greatest, but stability is what enables us to get our editing work done with certainty.

I'm still happily editing away here on CS6 and Windows 7. It does the job very well.

Andrew
Digital Magic
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can understand frustrations with development time and the desire to update. I realize I am somewhat odd but once I get things to work I pretty much leave them alone and my NLEs seem to chug along:
Edit 4: Win 7 MX02 CS6
Edit 3: OSX Lion MX02 FCP7, CS4
Edit 2: Win 7 MX02 CS5
Edit 1: Win XP RT.X100 CS/CS2

Eventually I will be forced to update again. 4K and new camera codecs will come that I need as well as h265. By then I expect Matrox will have what I need too.
Andrew Smith
(MXO2 with MAX)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I won't be upgrading to 4K.

Huge resources to edit and store the stuff, new cameras, no delivery mechanism except YouTube. And to top it off, even digital cinemas only project to their screens at 2K ... which is about as much as human vision can appreciate at that view.

I've had HD work go up on the big screen and it was absolutely stunningly perfect. I was more than happy with the outcome.

When it comes to the crunch ... HD is good enough.

Andrew
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: