Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Caveat Mercalli 3 SAL!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alan Craven
(MXO)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:40 am    Post subject: Caveat Mercalli 3 SAL! Reply with quote

For a while now I have been plagued with stuttering playback, both in the Premiere monitor and my Matrox attached monitor. It usually cleared after a while, but not always.

As my Windows 7 installation was well past its second birthday, I decided to re-install. Premiere ran OK on its own, and also after installing my MXO2. I made an image of this (fortunately, as it turned out).

I then installed Mercalli, both V2 plug-in and V3 Stand-alone, the UT video codec, GSpot, MediaInfo, etc.

When I tried Premiere again the stutter was back. I removed the Matrox drivers, and the stutter was gone. Clearly one of my recent installs was the culprit, so I removed each in turn, but with no joy.

This was when my image saved the day. I recalled that Mercalli 3 SAL needed the KLite codec pack to work, and that the new version installed this automatically. So I installed all the others and tried Premiere again - no stutter.

This problem seemed to occur with all versions of the Matrox drivers and Premiere CS6 updates.

So it looks as though Mercalli 3 stand-alone is incompatible with the Matrox drivers.

As un-installing Mercalli did not remove the problem, I suspect that it is actually the K-Lite Codec Pack that is the culprit, and that this is not removed by the un-install.
MSV
(MXO2 Rack with MAX)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Alan,

Just wanted to mention, I have K-Lite codec pack installed and I do not have any problems with Premiere or MXO2 rack with Win7.

-Mika-
Alan Craven
(MXO)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm????

Interesting - I think there are different generations of the K-lite codec pack, maybe we are not on the same one?

Or maybe I am wrong in my suspicions and it is actually Mercalli 3 itself that is the culprit.

No matter, I can live without the SAL- I almost always use the plug-in, but just occasionally the batch processing of the standalone was useful.
Matrox_Support_Sam
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the update and tests Alan. We will move this posting to our General Discussion section for additional user feedback.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: