Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Encore DVD buttons

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pat@appleson.com
(MXO2)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:40 pm    Post subject: Encore DVD buttons Reply with quote

I realize that this may not be the correct forum for this question, but, for me, this is the Thinking Man's forum. I need a little help. After years of ReelDVD, then making DVD's with only FBI warning, then program start (in Encore), I've found in Encore CS6.05 I'm confused by making DVD Buttons. And all the Adobe stuff is in CC, which I'm fighting not to use. With that said,
Could someone send me a screen shot of the layers in photo shop to make two buttons function properly? I don't even need motion video, just static with the colors changing. I've been to lots of Adobe TV tutorials, but the last couple of them actually left out a step or two. Anyway, just show me once. I'll take it from there.
Best Regards
Pat www.appleson.com

PS.... I know they "removed" the sample CG Bkgs in Prem. Is that the reason I can't find a sample button in Encore?
Andrew Smith
(MXO2 with MAX)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Encore does have its own library of templates, but I can't remember if they need to be downloaded in addition to the CS6 install or not. I really don't use 'em that often.

Andrew

PS. ReelDVD. Whoah ... that really brings back the memories!
pat@appleson.com
(MXO2)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:46 pm    Post subject: Thanks Andrew Reply with quote

HI, Well by the time I got to looking at email today, I had solved the button problem. It's from not using the menus a lot. My work has me pretty much switching over to portable Hard Drives and the lovely thumb drives. (you don't have to do art work and burn the discs. Plus the clients think is Cool.)

So, I'm now a semi Ph.D. in buttons and 2bit color DVD Spec video.

Thanks for you help.

I really appreciate it.

And I must say, using my dual Xeon V-6 Cpus and 48Gigs or Ram and the big Matrox O2 Rack with Max was fun. No crashes and so fast I forgot about it.
Cheers, pat www.appleson.com
autumn
(MXO)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:30 am    Post subject: Re: Thanks Andrew Reply with quote

Hi Pat,

Encore no longer includes the full set of "templates", which can provide a good starting point of menu layouts and buttons to choose from and modify. If you want to download and install, it's over 3GB I believe, but here is the link - http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/library-functional-content-missing.html

Scroll down to the bottom where it says "Additional solution: Install the Resource Central library content" and click on the "English" hypertext link. Be sure to follow all directions at bottom. The download is zipped and it unzips to yet another zipped file, multiple steps to follow.

Here's some info on making up the Encore menu layers in Photoshop - http://help.adobe.com/en_US/encore/cs/using/WS2C3F3ABD-6457-4ca0-898F-720B7E3D0C10.html#WS2E0CEF4D-2A04-4a03-8851-DFDD67DA32C1

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers
pat@appleson.com
(MXO2)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:39 pm    Post subject: THanks Jeff Reply with quote

Thanks Jeff,

I'll be checking those links out. Me and 'da buttons have reached "Detente". (for those of you who aren't French or remember the Vietnam War, it means "an uneasy peace") (grin)

I've always liked half a dozen examples you can modify. It makes it a lot simpler.

Best Regards
Pat
www.appleson.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: