Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Matrox MXO2 Mini Max crash on encoding
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with previous versions of Adobe & other supported software (Windows)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sebasvideo
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:48 am    Post subject: Matrox MXO2 Mini Max crash on encoding Reply with quote

I'm having a big problem with the Max encoding in my MXO2 Mini Max. I have a 50 minute project in Premiere CS6 that is rather simple, some parts have a multicamera nested sequence, and the rest is just one track from Canon XF files (which is similar to XDCAM format).

Since yesterday I tried exporting this sequence to a Matrox 264 Blu-ray file and it always crashes at around 40%. The part where it crashes is where there is a multicam sequence. I have exported the same project using the h.264 encoder that comes with Premiere without any crashes, and the same for DVD.

But all three times I chose the Matrox 264 Blu-ray encoder, it crashed more or less at the same place. This is the log for the first time it crashed:

Faulting application name: Adobe Premiere Pro.exe, version: 6.0.5.0, time stamp: 0x5211d7f5
Faulting module name: mvdlivewindow.ax_unloaded, version: 1.0.0.64, time stamp: 0x52547f2b
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000005981
Faulting process id: 0x1950
Faulting application start time: 0x01cee19b0f6ba56a
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS6\Adobe Premiere Pro.exe
Faulting module path: mvdlivewindow.ax
Report Id: 2473cba0-4d91-11e3-bede-3085a9963a95
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

The logs for the other errors look the same, with the offending module being mvdlivewindow.ax

These are my system specs in case it makes a difference, although it's clearly a bug with the MXO2 Mini Max drivers.

OS: Windows 8.1 (clean install 2 weeks old, all drivers up to date)
CPU: i7 3930k
Motherboard: Asus P9X79 Pro
RAM: Corsair Dominator 32 GB
Video card: Gigabyte GTX770 4 GB VRAM
Hard drives: 2 Seagate Barracuda 3 TB (not RAID), 1 WD Black Edition 1 TB

Is this happening to anyone else?

Thanks,

Sebastian
sebasvideo
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, I remember a few days ago Media Encoder crashed for no good reason, it had finished encoding and I had forgot to close it, but it crashed after half an hour or so. Going back on the event logs, I can see this Matrox module also crashed it:

Faulting application name: Adobe Media Encoder.exe, version: 6.0.3.1, time stamp: 0x50575647
Faulting module name: mvdlivewindow.ax_unloaded, version: 1.0.0.64, time stamp: 0x52547f2b
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000005981
Faulting process id: 0x2370
Faulting application start time: 0x01ced603c421d84d
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Media Encoder CS6\Adobe Media Encoder.exe
Faulting module path: mvdlivewindow.ax
Report Id: a5f835c2-41f9-11e3-bebf-3085a9963a95
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

So evidently mvdlivewindow.ax seems to be quite a buggy file.
Alan Craven
(MXO)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your problems could well be due to Windows 8.1. As far as I know, none of the Matrox drivers have been certified for any flavour of Windows 8.

You ask if this is happening to anyone else. It certainly has never happened to me, but I am firmly wedded to Windows 7. Everything has been rock solid since the day I installed, all but two years ago. I have never had a Windows installation last anywhere near this long before.

My system spent most of yesterday encoding using the MAX option, and never missed a beat.
Matrox_Support_Joe
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sebastian,

As Alan mentioned, we do not support Windows 8 or 8.1. The only driver that has beta support for Windows 8 (not 8.1) is 7.1.0.1294.

Therefore, this could very well be the cause of this issue. Please work with supported OS version and all should work fine.
sebasvideo
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is really disappointing from a company like Matrox. Windows 8 has been out for over a year, and Matrox still doesn't have compatible drivers for it? I would understand if you don't have drivers right away, but a major OS release, any serious company has to have drivers for their products. You can't expect me to go back to spending a whole day reinstalling Windows 7 and dozens of programs because your programmers are too lazy to write updated drivers for a major OS that was released over a year ago, especially now that 8.1 fixed many Windows 8 annoyances and it's being more widely adopted, including by me. I didn't even have Windows 8 in my computer until 8.1 came out.
Matrox_Support_Joe
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your feedback. If you absolutely would like to see Windows 8 support with Matrox MXO2 devices, we recommend posting a message on our feature request forum: http://forum.matrox.com/mxo/viewforum.php?f=6
This forum is moderated by our Tech/Marketing team; it is they who decide on features and support levels for MXO2 drivers.

If you wish to work reliably with your MXO2 today, what we can recommend is to is to keep your Windows 8.1 partition and simply add-on a Windows 7-64 partition. You can then install your Adobe software on the new partition and use this partition solely for editing, thereby not affecting your existing Windows 8.1 partition and al of its applications
Matrox_Support_Joe
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before proceeding, please try the Windows 8 tip from our release notes for driver 7.1.0.1294:

See page 11: http://www.matrox.com/video/media/pdf/support/windows/mxo2/doc/en_Matrox_MXO2_Release_Notes_7_1.pdf
sebasvideo
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matrox_Support_Joe wrote:

As Alan mentioned, we do not support Windows 8 or 8.1. The only driver that has beta support for Windows 8 (not 8.1) is 7.1.0.1294.

This is another thing that is completely absurd. In order to have some kind of compatible driver, with beta support, I would have to install a driver that is one year old? Why does a one year old driver has beta support for Windows 8 and newer drivers don't? That doesn't make any sense.
Matrox_Support_Joe
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sebasvideo wrote:
Matrox_Support_Joe wrote:

This is another thing that is completely absurd. In order to have some kind of compatible driver, with beta support, I would have to install a driver that is one year old? Why does a one year old driver has beta support for Windows 8 and newer drivers don't? That doesn't make any sense.

When it comes to Adobe Premiere CS6, driver 7.1.0.1294 is identical to drivers 7.5.0.1960 or 7.5.1.1966. These 2 newer drivers add support for either Adobe CC or CS6 as well as updated versions for Wirecast streaming. If you're sole use is Adobe CS6, you can install 7.1.0.1296. It will work fine with Premiere 6.0.5.
Matrox_Support_Joe
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding Windows 8, driver 7.1.0.1294 did go through some testing, which is why we offer beta support for this version. The newer drivers did not get tested with Windows 8 therefore they are completely not supported with this OS.
sebasvideo
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just curious, but how long will it be until we have Windows 8.1 drivers? I may have to go back to Windows 7 until that happens, but I would like to be sure that I don't take all the time to reinstall everything and then a few weeks later the drivers are released. I know you don't have a specific date, but can you tell me if it's going to be weeks or several months?
Matrox_Support_Joe
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We would highly suggest creating the Windows 7 partition so you can at least work with your MXO2 right away instead of having to wait for a future driver to be developed and tested.

But we will still try to find out where we stand with Windows 8 and report back next week.
sebasvideo
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Joe, but to create a partition without wiping out the whole drive and keeping the Windows 8 installation I would have to buy a special partitioning program, since the one that comes with Windows as far as I know doesn't let you change partition sizes. Besides, I really don't like working with two OSes at the same time, I'd rather have one with all the stuff I need in it than having to reboot often to do something else.

But it would really help if you could find out how far down the road the drivers for 8.1 are, that way if they are months away I can go ahead and reinstall, or just wait if they are 2 or 3 weeks away.
filmfabrique
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:
Thank you for your feedback. If you absolutely would like to see Windows 8 support with Matrox MXO2 devices, we recommend posting a message on our feature request forum: http://forum.matrox.com/mxo/viewforum.php?f=6
This forum is moderated by our Tech/Marketing team; it is they who decide on features and support levels for MXO2 drivers. [quote]

Oh my god. I hope this is a joke...!!!!

@ Sebasvideo Just my opinion.
Sell your your Matrox device (I do not now if anyone want it anymore by now) Your system has enough power to render h.264 even faster then with Matrox Max ;-) and will be a lot more stable without Matrox software.

I share your pain.
Look @ [url]http://forum.matrox.com/mxo/viewtopic.php?t=13192[/url][/quote]
sebasvideo
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really want to sell it. I don't only use it for encoding, although it's still a bit faster than my CPU, but mostly to monitor video properly on my TV set. Using the secondary monitor preview in Premiere itself is useless, the video stutters like all video played using a computer graphics card. The Matrox MXO2 Mini Max is an excellent product, but Matrox doesn't seem to stay behind it when they don't have proper drivers for a new major OS a year after it was released.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with previous versions of Adobe & other supported software (Windows) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: