Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Installed CC and Matrox, no CS6 now...

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with Adobe CC 2014 (Windows)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mediadude
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:16 pm    Post subject: Installed CC and Matrox, no CS6 now... Reply with quote

Hi, I recently installed the CC line of products including Premiere and CC is working fine...all the Matrox effects and codecs show up, but when I go to CS6 (for existing projects,) there's no sign of Matrox. Ironically, I do have Matrox effects in AE CS6. I will eventually only use CC, but right now have a few projects, I'd rather not mess with. thanks for any direction. Jeff
Alan Craven
(MXO)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am pretty sure that you can only have the Matrox drivers installed on one version of Premiere at a time.

If you want to use your Matrox with both CS6 and CC, then you will have to go for a dual boot of Windows.
Matrox_Support_Joe
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Alan, this is correct.

Jeff, we recommend to uninstall CS6 from your partition and use the Adobe Cleaner tool as well using this procedure:

1. Uninstall the current Matrox driver by running the uninstaller application found in: Start -> All Programs -> Matrox Mtx.utils -> Uninstall Matrox Mtx.utils
2. Uninstall CS6 only through Control Panel -> Programs and Features
3. Download the Adobe cleanup tool here: http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html (pc version)
4. Run the adobe cleaner tool and select to remove only CS6.
5. Restart PC
6. Go to c:\program files\adobe\ and remove any remaining Adobe CS6 folders (Do not remove any folders that belong to Adobe applications that you want to keep). Restart system.
7. Re-install MXO2 driver 7.5.1.

Then you can create a separate partition on your hard drive and install Win7-64 SP1 with Adobe CS6 with MXO2 7.5.1 driver.

Please let us know if you have any follow-up questions.
Mediadude
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you both for your replies. It sounds more complicated that I had hoped. Question, are other users just importing their CS6 projects into CC and working in CC only? Thanks again. Jeff
Matrox_Support_Joe
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Normally it's best to edit existing Premiere projects in the same version in which the project was created. This is because newer versions sometimes have a different set of features. However, some users have had no issues importing CS6 projects into CC. It's usually less problematic than trying to import a newer Premiere project into an older version of Premiere (ex. loading a CC project into CS6)

It really depends on the project. If you wish, you can try this method instead of going through the above procedure. Perhaps the Adobe forums can shed more light on your question.

Hope this helps.
Alan Craven
(MXO)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mediadude wrote:
Thank you both for your replies. It sounds more complicated that I had hoped. Question, are other users just importing their CS6 projects into CC and working in CC only? Thanks again. Jeff

Sorry, I cannot help you there. I am keeping well away from Adobe's Cloud. I do know that projects which you have worked on and saved in Adobe CC cannot be worked on in CS6 (or earlier) versions of Premiere. You are supposed to be able to use the xml file for limited backward capability, but again I have no knowledge there.

In the past when I have upgraded from one version of CS to a later one, I have always been able to open and work on my projects - subject of course to Joe's caveat regarding differing features.
Mediadude
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again...thank you both. In the past I have gone from CS5.5 to 6 with no problem. the issue is when I try to open CS6 projects now, matrox effects I used are missing...so I'm probably better off in CC, which is running smoothly. I'll let you know. thanks again. Jeff
Matrox_Support_Joe
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome Jeff. If all works well in CC then it's fine to work strictly in that version. We will lock this post but please start a new thread for any other questions you may have.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with Adobe CC 2014 (Windows) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: