Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Monitoring a surround mix

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase for Matrox MXO2 Mini
View previous topic :: View next topic  
audio question
(MXO)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Monitoring a surround mix Reply with quote

I've looked around the boards and I've seen this asked but the answers provided don't seem clear to enough to me, so I'll try to be really specific here.

I'm working in FCP3. I want to mix audio in surround using Apple soundtrack pro. If I use the Matrox MX02 Mini and output through HDMI to a consumer HDMI receiver with 5.1 sound & speakers will I be able to monitor through that system as I'm creating that mix?

Or does the Matrox MX02 Mini only support surround sound thats already been encoded to dolby via apple compressor?

For the Matrox MX02 Mini, I see different sales sites saying "This unit supports 5.1 and 7.1 surround-sound monitoring on the HDMI output"; on the forum I see moderators saying that the unit supports "Through HDMI we have 8 channels of embedded audio. You can assign these channels through the application. You will hear surround sound and can assign them to where you want." It sounds like it should work, but I'd like to be clear before i invest in the product.
Matrox_Presales
(Moderator)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and thank you for your interest in Matrox products. With regards to your audio question, please note that you will be able to get 5.1 or 7.1 surround out of Soundtrack Pro. With the MXO2 Mini or MXO2 Mini with MAX, you can do this with the 8 embedded HDMI audio channels. Our audio mapping option in the Audio Output pane of the Matrox Utilities will allow you to pare the audio tracks. Please check page 63 of our Installation & User Guide for more information on audio mapping...

As for your FCP3 that you mentioned, please note that you would have to be using at least FCP7

Hope this helps...

Thanks,
BC
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase for Matrox MXO2 Mini All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

This board is protected by Phpbbantispam