Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

mini + Max with OS10.5.8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase for Matrox MXO2 Mini
View previous topic :: View next topic  
older system
(MXO)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:48 pm    Post subject: mini + Max with OS10.5.8 Reply with quote

I'm running FCP3 on a late '08 Macbook pro 17" dual 2.5 processor with OS 10.5.8. I'm in the middle of a project and not looking to upgrade yet (as my system runs without much issue right now), but I am interested in adding the Matrox mx02 mini to connect to an LCD tv for grading.
I see that you have drivers available that will let that mini run with os 10.5.8, but would the MAX option also work with my configuration? Or would the firmware for that require upgrading to a newer OS?
The added speed would be nice in coding to h264, but I don't want to drop the extra cash if that option won't work with my current setup.
Matrox_Presales
(Moderator)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and thank you for your interest in Matrox products. With regards to your inquiry please note that to support your current OS, you'll need to install one of our older drivers. Matrox MXO2 Mini with MAX v1.9.2 software for Mac OS X Leopard (v10.5.x) and Snow Leopard (v10.6.x). This software however supports Apple Final Cut Pro v6.0.x and 7.0.x

My recommendation would be complete your current project with the current system / OS, then consider upgrading...

Our system recomendations for The MXO2 Mini with MAX are listed on this page.

Hope this helps,

Best regards,
BC
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase for Matrox MXO2 Mini All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

This board is protected by Phpbbantispam