Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

No video output fcp viewer [MXO2 Mini Max)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with Final Cut Studio & QuickTime based software (Mac)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
djpmedia
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:48 am    Post subject: No video output fcp viewer [MXO2 Mini Max) Reply with quote

Hi,

I have the following problem:
When I want to view footage in the viewer with is Quicktime and has PNG or H.264 compression, Final cut won't play these footage you here only the audio. But when I turn of my MXO Mini these files play correctly. Or even when I set External Video to Off in the FCP settings.

I have updated my MXO mini to v1.8 and I use FCP 6.0.5.

I hope someone can tell what's going wrong.

Regard,
Dennis de Jong
Matrox_Support_Matthew
(Moderator)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dennis,

Is the extension on your files with PNG and H.264 compression .mov or .264? Where do you see they don't play smoothly? Is this in the FCP Canvas or out the MXO2?

What version of OSX and QT do you have installed?

What's the firmware version shown in Apple>System Preferences>Matrox MXO2>Info?

I suggest you update FCP to 6.0.6 as this is the latest version.

Try following these steps to make sure you're using the proper Matrox Easy Setup and settings;
-Under Apple>System Preferences>Matrox MXO2>Video Output tab set everything to main channel and follow application.

-Save and close all your open projects in FCP, but don't close FCP itself
-Run Easy Setup and take a Matrox MXO2 option at your needed format and press setup. * If you don't see your needed format, make sure the Format and Rates options are set to All Formats and All Rates.
-Before you make a new project set View>External Video to All Frames and View>Video Playback to an MXO2 option that matches your Easy Setup.
-Now make a new project
-Right-click on the sequence and select Item Properties
*Is this sequence the same as what you took in Easy Setup? Is the compressor the same format as what you selected in Easy Setup (for example DVCPRO HD)? If no start over
-If yes, import one of your clips and place them on the timeline.
-If you get the FCP message about sequence settings don't match the clip, select yes to change them.
-Now set View>Video Playback to the MXO2 option closest matching your timeline.
-Verify that under View>External Video> you still have All Frames selected.

Do you get smooth playback now? If no, under the RT button on the left-hand side of the timeline make sure you have safe rt, dynamic quality and dynamic rate set. Try playing the footage again. Is it smooth? Is your video playback setting still set to what you took before or did it switch to something else?

If the above doesn't help, you can try trashing the FCP prefs, or in FCP go to the menu Final Cut Pro>Audio/Video Settings>A/V Devices tab>disable the option mirror on desktop. This will stop playback in the FCP Canvas but you should get it out the MXO2.

Regards
Matthew
djpmedia
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for your reply. I've updated FCP to 6.0.6 and I've followed your instructions. But it wasn't a succes. My preview in the Viewer don't display the video smooth, it even don't show anything to the Matrox output.

When a video with PNG or H.264 compression is on the timeline and I want it to preview it in the viewer, than the video will play smoothly.

My Matrox MXO mini has the firmware version: 7.7, software: 1.8.1.009
OSX: 10.5.8
Quicktime: 7.6.4

I hope you got the key to solve this problem.

Regard,
Dennis
djpmedia
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My problems still happens. My video plays not smootly. But when I turn of my Matrox MXO2 Mini and play then some video in FCP and everything works fine.

So I hope someone from Matrox can help, because now when I'm editing i've shut my device down.

Regards, Dennis
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with Final Cut Studio & QuickTime based software (Mac) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: