Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MXO no longer working

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scanners286
(MXO)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:34 pm    Post subject: MXO no longer working Reply with quote

My MXO is no longer working with my Dell Ultrasharp 2407WFP rev 04. Now when I plug the monitor through the MXO I either get the monitor telling me to switch to 1920x1200 60Hz or an unviewable red streaked screen which can't seem to cope with the 59.9Hz signal. The system had been working without problems for a long while, but after moving my system around and reinstalling drivers (I've tried 2.1.3, 2.1.2, 2.1.5 and 2.0 to no avail) it is now completely unusable and I've had to unplug it. I'd appreciate any ideas. I tried the monitor/MXO combo on a friends Macbook Pro and had the same problems. When I take the MXO out of the loop, everything with the monitor is fine, no I'm sure it's not the Dell.

System - Quad core Mac Pro 2.66GHz, ATI 3870, Dell 2407 WFP as second screen, OSX 10.5.8, 9GB RAM.

Regards

Martin
Matrox_Support_Matthew
(Moderator)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Martin,

While you have the Dell monitor connected to the MXO, and the MXO connected to your computer, have you tried going to Apple>System Preferences>Displays>and setting the MXO to a resolution of 1920*1200? Does your video card have two DVI connections, or one DVI and one ACD connection? Where do you typically have the MXO connected?

Regards,
Matthew
Scanners286
(MXO)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've done all the System Preferences stuff but to no avail. The screen looks like it can't synch and is full of red banding and interference or just won't show anything. The card has two DVI connectors, one channel going to another Dell screen and one to the 2407 via the MXO.

Martin
Matrox_Support_Matthew
(Moderator)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Martin,

Sorry for the delay in responding.

Which output of your video card do you have the MXO connected to? it should be connected to the secondary DVI output.

What software and firmware versions do you see in Apple>System Preferences>Matrox MXO?

Regards,
Matthew
Scanners286
(MXO)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Matthew

Sorry for taking so long to get back, still got the problem. Output is on secondary, software 2.1.5.02, Firmware 23.

Cheers

Martin
Scanners286
(MXO)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also the downconverted SD is rock solid, but the MXO DVI output is a mess. Seems like a sync problem, if I bypass MXO and plug monitor straight into the secondary DVI on the Mac the picture is fine, but that's kind of the reason for buying the MXO in the first place....

Just tried to install on my Macbook Pro out of interest and had exactly the same problem.

Rolling Eyes
Matrox_Support_Mac
(Moderator)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Sorry for the delay, as I'm taking over this thread for Matt now.

Let me ask you a few questions...

So on both Macbook Pros, the downconverted SD looks good, but outputting HD produces a red streaked screen, correct?

This was previously working, correct?

Are you using the Scale to fit option on the DVI Secondary Display?

In Apple>System Preferences>Displays>press the Gather Windows button. Switch to the "non-Matrox" window disable the Mirror Displays option (found in the arrangement tab) and set the resolution to 1920*1200 at 59.94 or 60Hz.

Let me know how it goes,
-Mac
Scanners286
(MXO)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there, again sorry for delay, but I'm working away from home at the moment.

Yes, the downconverted SD looks good, but the DVI screen is magenta and solarized with noise all over it and is completely unusable. In Mastering mode it goes completely red and is totally unusable. If I bypass the MXO and go straight from the Graphics Card into the monitor the picture is fine.

All was working fine on my Mac Pro until I tried to install the MXO on my MacBook Pro when the drivers got reinstalled and since then it's been unusable. I've tried going back to old firmware updating to the latest 2.1.6, everything.

I'm not using the scale to fit option, but it makes no difference.

The only resolution I get offered is 59.9Hz and it seems the monitor wants 60Hz.
Scanners286
(MXO)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I've been through everything, tried a bunch of different firmware, upgraded to Snow Leopard, checked all my cables including the MXO cable and nothing makes a difference.

I'm pretty sure this is a hardware fault with the MXO itself and what it's putting out of the DVI port. I did a complete clean install of the MacBook Pro and with no Matrox software I'm getting the problem on the DVI out.

Can I arrange to have the unit looked at?

Regards

Martin
Scanners286
(MXO)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry guys, but it's been over a month, any ideas?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: