Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

(MXO 2.1.5 BETA) No signal with MXO & Snow Leopard

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rgs_rox
(MXO)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:00 am    Post subject: No signal with MXO & Snow Leopard Reply with quote

Hi, i'm working with:

MAC PRO QUAD 3.0 GHZ
14 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT 512 MB
NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT
MATROX MXO (latest version software)
MAC OS X SNOW LEOPARD

The DVI OUT from the MXO is connected to a AOC monitor 24", 1920x1200 60HZ (416va), but there is no signal.

Can It be the DVI cable? I'm using a DVI-D from the MXO to the Monitor.
This monitor only has a DVI-D input, same as the Apple Cinema Display.
I don't know what I did wrong??

I also try to connect my small Sony SD broadcast monitor via component, still no signal out from the MXO.

The installation was perfect. It detects the MXO, but no output signal came out. My graphics card is brand new, and i've just tested it with 2 monitors and works nice.

The MXO is connected to the 8800 GT.

I've already update my mac os x to the 10.6.2 (NVIDIA), and the Matrox MXO 2.1.5 software version. And I still can't get no signal from my secondary display.

Any help will be much appreciated!
Matrox_Support_Matthew
(Moderator)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi rgs_rox,

Do you at least get presentation mode (secondary desktop) with the MXO connected between your Mac and monitor? Try going to Apple>System Preferences>Display>press the Gather Windows button, and make sure you have the MXO set to 1920*1200.

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers since updating to OSX 10.3.2?

With the computer turned on and loaded to the desktop and the MXO connected to the computer, do you see a blue light inside the MXO? Is it slowly pulsing or steady?

Regards,
Matthew
rgs_rox
(MXO)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Matthew,

Yes, I did press the Gather Window, and my secondary monitor (matrox window) is set to 1920x1200.

Since I updated my os x to 10.6.2, I've uninstalled and installed 3 times.

The blue light is on, and blinking.

I'm starting to think that the problem is the MXO itself, the output must be broken or something. It Looks like it's all fine, but there's no image from any monitor, the DVI monitor nor the broadcast monitor.

I think the incompatibility from MXO and some monitors are only for optimal accurate image, isn't it?
It should output some kind of image.
I heard that some people connect the MXO directly on a Flat TV and works fine, with a resolution different from 1920x1200...

Thanks.
Matrox_Support_Matthew
(Moderator)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi rgs_rox,

rgs_rox wrote:
I'm starting to think that the problem is the MXO itself, the output must be broken or something. It Looks like it's all fine, but there's no image from any monitor, the DVI monitor nor the broadcast monitor.

If you go to Apple>System Preferences>Matrox MXO>Device>what do you see here for software and firmware versions? Are there any warnings about not connected or wrong firmware version?

Have you tried connecting a different usb and dvi cable between the MXO and your computer instead of our all in one white cable?

Have you tried connecting to a different USB port on your computer? Note that you should connect directly to the computer and not through a USB hub (like a USB connection on a keyboard or monitor).

You should connect the DVI cable between the MXO's DVI IN and the secondary port on your 8800.

rgs_rox wrote:
I think the incompatibility from MXO and some monitors are only for optimal accurate image, isn't it?
It should output some kind of image.

The MXO outputs at computer resolutions and not actual video resolutions, so for example when you want to output a 1920*1080 video it will instead output a 1920*1200 signal with your video shown at it's actual size. The same applies for when outputting smaller resolutions.

So yes, while the MXO might output on 1080 HDTV's, it might not be able to output all resolutions, or maybe the TV adjusts the signal so it can show it all.

Regards,
Matthew
earbrain
(MXO)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:30 am    Post subject: No Matrox functions with new Beta Reply with quote

I am using a Mac Pro 8-core 3.0 GHz computer with FCP 7.0.1 and Snow Leopard 10.6.2. I lost Matrox functions completely with the new Beta drivers for FCS3 and Snow Leopard. There is no listing for Matrox audio in the audio menu either. Please advise.
Matrox_Support_Mac
(Moderator)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Quote:
I lost Matrox functions completely with the new Beta drivers for FCS3 and Snow Leopard. There is no listing for Matrox audio in the audio menu either.

Do you mean nothing works even when you change things in the MXO System Preferences?
Are there any messages or warning in the Device tab?
What is the information listed (s/w & firmware version, etc.)?
You did try to re-install the beta, correct?

Best regards,
-Mac
earbrain
(MXO)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:58 pm    Post subject: MXO works now Reply with quote

I followed instructions in another thread and the MXO now works. I actually meant the FCP menu under "View," not the MXO prefs, which didn't indicate anything wrong. Maybe it was working for desktop display, but it wasn't working within FCP. Thanks.
Matrox_Support_Mac
(Moderator)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Glad it now works.

If there is anything else, start up a thread!

Thanks,
-Mac
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: