Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

(MXO 2.1.5 BETA) FCS3 & Snow Leopard
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO
View previous topic :: View next topic  
8lux
(MXO)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:04 am    Post subject: FCS3 & Snow Leopard Reply with quote

Do this new beta drivers also work on a Snow Leopard system with FCS3?
Kaku Ito
(MXO)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been testing it over the weekend and it seems to be working well.
Matrox_Support_Matthew
(Moderator)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi 8lux,

The 2.1.5 beta is only for FCS3.

Regards,
Matthew
mone8media
(MXO)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My MXO for my osx 10.6 and FC3 is officially not working..
Are you updating the software at any point??
Nick Kever
(MXO)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:49 am    Post subject: Beta driver not working Reply with quote

On my system the beta driver is not working (continuously audio distortion).

My system:
Mac Pro 2009 - 12 GB - 2 quad cores - Radeon 4870 - MXO betadriver 2.1.5.02
Snow Leopard - FCP 3

I hope there's a fix soon, otherwise I have to reinstall FCP2... Sad
Andy Mees
(MXO)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Nick & mone8media, this current public beta version (2.1.5.02) is for FCS3 support on OS X 10.5.x (not Snow Leopard OS X 10.6) ... if you are having issues with your setups then your best course of action is to first downgrade to OS X 10.5.x and test again. If the issues persist under 10.5.x (or other errors occur) then you should report them to Matrox, either directly or through this thread, so that the dev team can look to resolving those issues (thats the point of a beta, right?) ... hopefully when they arrive at a stable FCS3 release under 10.5.x they will move full steam ahead on Snow Leopard compatibility. In the meantime, I'd suggest that if you need to have the MXO working as per spec then you really should downgrade to both FCS2 as well as 10.5.x as this was the last officially supported release target.
Best
Andy
Kaku Ito
(MXO)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my video card is ATI.
trifin
(MXO)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:53 pm    Post subject: Mac OS 10.6, FCP 7 and MXO Reply with quote

Hi,

I would like to add that my MXO is not working with Mac OS 10.6 and FCP 7. I have tried the latest and beta drivers.

Any ideas on when it will be working?

Sorry if I am being unfair but Mac OS 10.6 should be supported by now. The release version of the OS has been available to developers for sometime prior to release. Matrox's MXO products are expensive I feel that the support should match this. Macs are very popular in editing and FCP is also a very widespread product.
Andy Mees
(MXO)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to add that my MXO is not working with Mac OS 10.6 and FCP 7.

Trifin, why on earth did you upgrade? I don't get it. You have a perfectly good and working production system and then you just go ahead and upgrade to unsupported host software/OS versions ... and then you complain! Why is it that otherwise sane production professionals do this? Surely the mere existence of an OS or app update does not cause existing systems to cease to function? Heck, neither FCP 7 nor OS X 10.6 even bring any earth shattering must have features that could make or break a business. Maybe I'm just old and set in my ways, but I just don't get it.
Nick Kever
(MXO)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:39 am    Post subject: Upgrading Reply with quote

Andy Mees wrote:
I would like to add that my MXO is not working with Mac OS 10.6 and FCP 7.

Trifin, why on earth did you upgrade? I don't get it. You have a perfectly good and working production system and then you just go ahead and upgrade to unsupported host software/OS versions ... and then you complain! Why is it that otherwise sane production professionals do this? Surely the mere existence of an OS or app update does not cause existing systems to cease to function? Heck, neither FCP 7 nor OS X 10.6 even bring any earth shattering must have features that could make or break a business. Maybe I'm just old and set in my ways, but I just don't get it.

I don't think this comment is fair. I have been a professional nonlinear editor for 15 years now and upgraded to Snow Leopard and FCP3 (and found ot it's not working for me at the moment). No problem, just restored my backup and I'm back on track. Having said that:
- FCP3 does have some nice features I was waiting for
- beta versions are published to get input from (professional) users for further development
- and everyone has the right to complain about his or her investment not working anymore after upgrading Smile
trifin
(MXO)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I upgraded because I expected a product I paid alot of money to be ready and working on the updated software.

It appears that the general consensus is that the support from the companies you pay is terrible, so terrible in fact that one never upgrades. The Matrox MXO should be working with FC3 & Snow Leopard. We are talking about the current OS and the current editing suite. Not beta's but the ones on sale right now. It did not even occur to me that it would not work! Matrox should be ashamed IMHO.
Andy Mees
(MXO)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick, thanks for the sensible response. Yes, beta's are designed to get software builds tested by real users in real world environments specifically in order to find and fix possible bugs that might not be discovered in the average test bay ... but, unless or until the Matrox team deem it otherwise, this beta is very clearly and specifically out there to provide/prepare for stable FCS3/MXO support under OS X 10.5.x and not under OS X 10.6. That's the rub. I'm guessing its a quite unusual situation when a developer releases a major host application update with new codecs to support (and all that goes with it) only for them then to release a new OS too just a few weeks later. One minute you've got a rabid user base baying for an update for support of a new app under the existing OS framework, the next the game has completely changed and they suddenly "expect" support for a new OS too.

Trifin, I'm truly sorry you feel so let down. Sadly, all I can promise you is that as you gain experience in this industry you will come to learn that what you now consider to be a lot of money is in fact, well, not a lot of money really at all ... and to promise that over time you will actually come to expect less. Sad The upside (there is an upside of course!) is that very same experience will better equip you to understand the processes involved in hardware and software product cycles, and so better appreciate exactly why things don't necessarily happen quite as you currently expect. Its all about having realistic expectations. Hang tight, I'm sure you'll see a Snow Leopard ready beta or release before too long.

Best
Andy
Matrox_Support_Matthew
(Moderator)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

As Andy has mentioned the current beta is for FCP7 on OSX 10.5.

We can understand your frustration in Matrox not immediately having FCP7 or OSX 10.6 support the day these new softwares were released, but please understand we are doing our best to add support for both asap.

Nick, in regards to your audio distortion we saw this issue with your video card and the MXO under FCP6 and OSX 10.5 and it was corrected in the latest release drivers. Since you're seeing it now in OSX 10.6 and FCP7 I'll be sure to give the SQA team a heads up.

Trifin and mone8media, if you can outline what issues you are experiencing with the MXO beta drivers I will also forward these to our SQA department.

Regards,
Matthew
earbrain
(MXO)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:51 pm    Post subject: My beta doesn't work in Snow Leopard/FCP 7 Reply with quote

Just wanted to add my voice to those who have no functioning MXO. System: Woodcrest 3.0 Ghz 8-core Mac Pro; Snow Leopard/FCP 7/MXO Beta 2.1.5.02
mvp
(MXO2)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:13 am    Post subject: Re: My beta doesn't work in Snow Leopard/FCP 7 Reply with quote

earbrain wrote:
Just wanted to add my voice to those who have no functioning MXO. System: Woodcrest 3.0 Ghz 8-core Mac Pro; Snow Leopard/FCP 7/MXO Beta 2.1.5.02

The beta is for FCP7 on Leopard NOT Snow Leopard. Why'd you update to something Matrox doesn't support? And if you don't say what your issues are how do you expect to get help or get them corrected?!

Andy buddy I don't know how you keep your calm with people who don't follow simple instructions!!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: