Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can this device directly pass input to output?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with Final Cut Studio & QuickTime based software (Mac)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skorch82
(MXO)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:56 pm    Post subject: Can this device directly pass input to output? Reply with quote

Hi, my intended application is to hook a game console to the inputs on the device and have the outputs hooked to the TV. I would like to be able to play a game and record the input while playing it on the TV, so as not to use the PC as my monitor for playing the game, which often causes lag.

Will this device support this? or are the outputs strictly for playing data back via a saved file?
Customer_Care_Bassel
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for posting on our Matrox user forums. The outputs are not strictly for playing data back via a saved file, the Matrox MXO2 Mini supports pass-through when a video signal is being ingested. This is an added feature that allows you to see the output on a preview monitor during your capture process.

With regards to your game console question; the MXO2 Mini cannot capture material that is copy-write proectected (HDCP) so if your signal that is coming out of your game console is HDCP protected, then the MXO2 Mini will not be capable of decoding it. Hope this helps...

Thanks,
B.C.
videoguys
(MXO)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gamers: Use the Matrox MXO2 Mini to capture your Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 game play via HDMI to your PC or Mac http://bit.ly/OxQhm

Gary
LoXodonte 360
(MXO)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:46 pm    Post subject: MXO2 Reply with quote

my mx02 mini has a very noticeable lag under windows xp, and I've found users with the same problem under vista. I'm returning....
Customer_Care_Bassel
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, I've moved your post to our Techncial Support Section of this user forum in order for it to be addressed by our Technical Support Staff. If you are an MXO2 registered user and is having issues posting in other sections on this user forum, please contact our Customer Care Team and include your product serial number so that they can remedy this problem...

Thanks,
B.C.
Matrox_Support_Sam
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi LoXodonte 360,

Please specify your workflow so we can troubleshoot the issue you are experiencing.

What MXO2 Mini drivers are you running on the PC?
What is the lag you are experiencing? Within Premiere?

Regards,
Sam
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with Final Cut Studio & QuickTime based software (Mac) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: