Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MXO2 Mini won't link camera to Wirecast 6

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with Final Cut Studio & QuickTime based software (Mac)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MartinFischer
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:57 pm    Post subject: MXO2 Mini won't link camera to Wirecast 6 Reply with quote

I have an MXO2 Mini linked to a Mac (10.11.3) via Thunderbolt. I cannot get my Canon XA10 to appear in Wirecast 6. I have update software/firmware for Matrox and Wirecast. In wirecast Source Settings I see "Matrox MXO2 Mini TAC74772 Audio Input Audio" listed as a system device but no video is shown. Any suggestions would be most appreciated.
Matrox_Support_Vlad
(MXO)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Martin,

Please note we do not have MXO2 driver compatible with OS X El Capitan as we announce we do not have a plan supporting neither El Capitan nor Windows 10, posted here: http://forum.matrox.com/mxo/viewtopic.php?t=14381

Also note the latest MXO2 driver version 4.6.0.0006 compatible with OS X Yosemite only, does not support Wirecast 6. However, we do have custom built driver for Wirecast 6 support on OS X Yosemite that you can try it and see if works but we cannot guaranty any results.

Here is the link: ftp://vidsupp:3AsPasPu@privftp.matrox.com/private/mxo2_avfondation

This custom driver is an unofficial build with limited testing. It works only the following:

OSX:
- MAC OSX Yosemite 10.10.x

Applications:
- Telestream Wirecast 6.x for video input only. Use the MAC line for audio capture.
- Telestream ScreenFlow 5.0.1 (ref: 112034)
- Sportstec Sportscode AVF Capture for video input only. Use the MAC line for audio capture.
- Cisco Webex (must enable 'scale input for capture' setting in A/V Input tab of MXO2 prefs)
- Livestream Producer (must enable 'scale input for capture' setting in A/V Input tab of MXO2 prefs)
MartinFischer
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:06 am    Post subject: MXO2 Mini won't link camera to Wirecast 6 Reply with quote

Vlad: Thanks for the reply. Just to be clear, are you saying that MX02 Mini will no longer be compatible with Wirecast if I upgrade to El Capitain and that Matrox has no plans to Support El Capitain? If that is the case, it might be appropriate for Matrox and El Capitain to stop cross listing each others products in their advertisements.

Thanks again for your help.
Marty
Matrox_Support_Vlad
(MXO)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Marty,

We do not have official driver compatible with OS X El Capitan that supports Telestream Wirecast 6. It is very unlikely that we will produce a driver to support El Capitan! We will maintain support for the MXO2 Family of products up to Yosemite and no further, whilst we concentrate our resources on new product lines.

If you are already on El Capitan try installing custom built driver I provided you with in a previous thread.
MartinFischer
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:50 am    Post subject: MXO2 Mini won't link camera to Wirecast 6 Reply with quote

Thanks Vlad: I tried installing the custom built driver and was able to see the MX02 listed as a video source but could only get a green image for the video. I've contacted Wirecast but have not receive a reply yet. Any thoughts?

Marty
Matrox_Support_Vlad
(MXO)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the issue you have encountered is this "Matrox video shot is green and Show Sources drop down menu is grayed out" try to Reset Preferences in Wirecast by following the procedure below.

http://telestream.force.com/kb/articles/Knowledge_Article/Wirecast-Reset-Preferences
MartinFischer
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:17 am    Post subject: MXO2 Mini won't link camera to Wirecast 6 Reply with quote

Vlad: I tried that and still get the green screen. The show preferences dropdown menu is not greyed, it is active.

Thanks
Marty
Matrox_Support_Vlad
(MXO)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Marty,

Sorry for late response. If resetting Wirecast preferences didn't fix the issue the only thing I can suggest is reinstalling the MXO2 driver.
MartinFischer
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:37 pm    Post subject: MXO2 Mini won't link camera to Wirecast 6 Reply with quote

Good News!!! I found a solution by resetting the resolution in Wirecast to 1080i 29.97 8 bit (and it works with version 6.0.6). So, in case anyone else has this issue, here are the steps.

Uninstall the Matrox MX02 driver

Install custom driver: ftp://vidsupp:3AsPasPu@privftp.matrox.com/private/mxo2_avfondation

After restart launch Wirecast 6 and open Sources/Show Source Setting

Select Matrox M0X2

Select 1080i 29.97 8 bit Video setting (that's the only one that works)

Thanks for you help
Marty
Matrox_Support_Vlad
(MXO)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Marty,

That is a good news! Glad you were able to find solution and get Wirecast up and running. We will lock this case but please feel free to start a new post for any new issues you may find.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with Final Cut Studio & QuickTime based software (Mac) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: