Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FCPX on Mavericks and FCP7 on Mountain Lion

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with Final Cut Studio & QuickTime based software (Mac)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hmilas
(MXO)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:22 am    Post subject: FCPX on Mavericks and FCP7 on Mountain Lion Reply with quote

Question:

Is it possible have old and new Matrox MXO2 drivers on separate drives running under the appropriate OSX?

Or are there firmware upgrades involved which would screw this up for the older driver?

I am running a trial version of FCPX on a Mavericks drive but need to continue paid work on FCP7 running under ML with no loss of monitoring.

Thanks.
Matrox_Support_Sam
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Can you confirm the two MXO2 drivers versions you are running for Mavericks/FCPX and Mountain Lion/FCP7?
hmilas
(MXO)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the prompt reply.

My post might not have been quite clear so to clarify, I run a Mac Pro 3,1 for the edit suite. I have an MXO2 box (firmware ver. 36.10)

There is a main drive with Mountain Lion installed running FCP7 with the MXO2 Max driver ver. 2.6.1.0001 This functions fine as an output from FCP to a TV monitor.

I have another boot drive running Mavericks on which I have installed a trial version of FCPX. There is no Matrox driver installed on this drive.

My question is this, can I safely install a newer driver on the Mavericks drive to facilitate monitoring out for FCPX and still retain MXO2 functionality if I wish to run FCP7 on the ML drive?

In other words will installing the newer MXO2 driver for Mavericks update the firmware in the box so that it is no longer usable with the older driver on the ML drive?

Thanks
Matrox_Support_Sam
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you should have no problems switching between 2.6.1 and latest MXO2 4.2.0.0006 drivers for use with Mavericks 10.9.4 and FCPX. Both versions use the same firmware update v36.10.

However, even if the firmware version was different, you can still simply switch between the two software versions and update the firmware manually or reinstalling the software driver (which automatically updates the firmware as well) followed by a power cycling of the MXO2. Make sure no power interruptions occur while installing firmware updates.

Hope this helps.
hmilas
(MXO)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Much appreciate your assistance. I'll give it a try.

Thanks
Matrox_Support_Sam
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are welcome. Please let us know if you need further assistance in the future.
hmilas
(MXO)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both 2.6.1 and latest 4.2.0.0006 drivers are installed on their respective drives and all is running well. Thanks.
Matrox_Support_Sam
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is great news. We will lock this posting but please start a new post for any new inquiries or issues you may encounter.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with Final Cut Studio & QuickTime based software (Mac) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: