Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"hardware could not be found"
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
doubledrop
(MXO)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:42 pm    Post subject: "hardware could not be found" Reply with quote

Hi, I've been running original MXO for a year on G5.
current system : OSx 10.4.11 / FCP 6.0.4 / QT 7.5.5
Never had a problem, until now.

Today made the s/w and f/w upgrade packaged in 2.1.4.05

Restarted Mac and now FCP gives me this error when trying to Cmd-f12 display in any of the MXO codecs: "The specified hardware could not be found, check you camera connection."

I didn't pull any wires, and MXO is showing up in System Profiler ok.

Thanks,
David
Matrox_Support_Carlo
(Moderator)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi David,

I just did a quick test in Tiger 10.4.11 by clicking on both Apple+F12 and Option+F12... was not able to reproduce what you are seeing. Therefore, we would recommend you to reinstall the MXO software.

To reinstall the software, simply run the MXO Uninstaller (which can be found via the Spotlight feature) and then install the sofware...

Keep us posted.

Regards,
Carlo
doubledrop
(MXO)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Carlo,

Uninstalled and reinstalled 2.1.4.05 today, same result.
In Sytem Prefs it's showing as Firmware Revision 21 / Microcontroller 2.8 if that helps.

All the MXO codecs show up in FCP View/Video Playback list. I don't know what OptionF12 is supposed to do, always used CmdF12 to Show All Frames (ie playback through external device).

BTW my CmdF12 to playback through my DVdeck still works fine.

It's a year since I first installed MXO so I've forgotten if there was any special procedures I've forgotten to follow this time. Since then my FCP and QT have both been updated and I can't actually remember if I've use MXO since then, so perhaps it has to do with those?

Thankyou for your prompt response yesterday,
David
Matrox_Support_Carlo
(Moderator)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi David,

Sorry for the confusion, try selecting first No Frames view, then All Frames view and refreshing A/V Devices via the External Video / Refresh A/V Devices via the VIEW menu in Final Cut Pro.

What kind of project are you working with and what type of footage that way I can do the same workflow on our test machine and verify if I can see the same issue... so far, I have not been able to get the error that you are experiencing.

Keep us posted.

Regards,
Carlo
doubledrop
(MXO)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Carlo,

Yeah tried the refresh feature, no joy there. MXO is showing in System Profiler OK, and of course my 23" that is fed by MXO is giving normal performance for other duties, just not the CmdF12. I've also tried trashing the FCP prefs.

I'm working with a HDV1080i 25fps rgb 1440x1080 project. Though I mostly work with standard def 4:3 DVpal.
All codecs selected from the View/VideoPlayback FCP menu give same error message regardless.

Interestingly i tried the SystemPrefs/MXO/mastering/proc amps set up. loaded one of your standard colour bars and i can see the blue dot moving left to right from LOAD CLIP to STOP, but the 23" doesn't change at all, remains showing desktop. I originally used this feature to calibrate when i first got MXO a year ago so know to expect the bars to be presented on my 23" while i see the controls on my 19".

So, G5 is seeing MXO, MXO is passing through 'normal' screen duties to the 23", FCP is listing all the MXO codecs. Over to you...

David.
Matrox_Support_Peter
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi David,

Can you tell us if you are still experiencing the same output issue? Do you know of any hardware or software changes done between when it was working and stopped?

Regards

Peter

Matrox Video Technical Support
doubledrop
(MXO)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Peter,

Yes the problem persists, I have some interesting developments to report.
I installed the s/w upgrade also onto my MacBookPro, spec:

OS10.4.11 / 2ghz Intel / FCP6.0.4 / QT 7.5.5 / ATI Radeon X1600

MXO also failed, but then found your QT 7.5 Proc Amp patch. Installed that and BINGO! works on MacBookPro.

So reconnected MXO to G5 and ran the Proc Amp patch, but sadly no change.

So, the MXO hardware definitely works, which is a relief. But my workstation is the G5 so I definitely need it to work in that set-up, not just the laptop.

So the possible issues we can rule out... OS / FCP / QT are identical across the two Macs. Both with latest MXO s/w. The physical connection of cables into MXO isn't the issue either as it works on laptop.

My G5 is PPC, MacBookPro Intel - so there's a difference there. Graphics card of G5 is ATI Radeon 9800 Pro / MacBookPro ATI Radeon X1600. But the MXO did previously work on G5 so unless the new driver is no longer compatible with the 9800 card I can't see that being it?

Please let me know your thoughts.
David.
Andy Mees
(MXO)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David

Can you double check and confirm that the version you have installed and are running on the laptop is 2.1.4 ie check that it is correctly reporting as version 2.1.4 in the MXO System Preferences pane's Devices tab.

Certainly an oddity if otherwise as it seems the ProcAmp patch was rolled into the 2.1.4 release, so installing it on top ought logically to do nothing of value ... though of course our buddies here will have a better understanding of exactly what the patch does so what a double install might address.

By the way, have you done any of the usual OS X troubleshooting stuff, like do a Safe Boot and Repair Permissions the Reboot, and/or creating a new user account and then testing the workflow under that new user account (to eliminate the possibility of conflicting third party software installed in the normal account)

Cheers
Andy
doubledrop
(MXO)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Andy,

Have checked and both MacBookPro and G5 are running MXO version 2.1.4.05 and both have had the patch. Without the patch MBP wouldn't Proc Amp or FCP Cmdf12 through MXO, after patch it works perfectly.

G5 must be suffering from something as it will not Safe Boot (holding Shift after startup tone releasing after grey apple). But it will boot from Installer Disc (holding C in start-up), so I've done Repair Disk Permissions for the OS drive there, lots got repaired, but no change to MXO performance when restart.

Also tried making a brand new user account and using MXO in FCP, also calibrating it's Proc Amp from System Prefs, but same result.

I wonder if there's any pref's I can trash that would help?

David.
Matrox_Support_Peter
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi David,

Can you try to clearing the PRAM on the system? Instructions on how to do so can be found here. To clear Final Cut's pref's, please do the following steps:

1. Quit FCP.
2. Open your Hard Drive.
3. Set to Column View.
4. Follow the path: Users > Name > Library > Preferences.
5. In the Preferences Pane look for "com.apple.FinalCutPro.plist", shown below in Yellow. Drag the FCP plist to the Trash.
6. In the same Preference Pane, look for the Final Cut Pro User Data Folder.
7. From inside the Data Folder, drag 'Final Cut Pro 5 Prefs', 'Final Cut Pro Obj Cache' and 'Final Cut Pro Prof Cache', all three shown below in green, to the Trash.
8. Do NOT empty the Trash.
9. Launch FCP and check all your settings. All FCP setting will have reverted to default. Don't forget to reset your Scratch Disk settings.
10. Once FCP is up and running, empty the Trash.
*if you see a Final Cut Pro 6 Prefs delete that too

Please let us know if this resolves your issue.

Regards

Peter

doubledrop
(MXO)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that. I'm afraid it hasn't fixed it, same result.
doubledrop
(MXO)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any more ideas please chaps?
Matrox_Support_Peter
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi David,

sorry for the delay, would it be possible to contact you by telephone to resolve this issue? I will be sending you a private message so that I may get your contact info as well as preferable calling time.

Regards,

Peter

seanchas
(MXO)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:45 am    Post subject: Ever resolved Reply with quote

Hi,

Was this ever resolved? I had an identical problem with my new MXO and found it only worked once I downgraded to 2.13 + patch....

Johnny White
Matrox_Support_Peter
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Johnny White,

Yes the issues has been resolved by reverting back to 2.1.3 and then going back to 2.1.4. Is your MXO not getting detcted under 2.1.4?

Regards

Peter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: