Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Now for a chat about Registry cleaners.....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pat@appleson.com
(MXO2)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:40 pm    Post subject: Now for a chat about Registry cleaners..... Reply with quote

I use Norton 360 on all our computers, EXCEPT the video editors. They are hooked up to the LAN but I never use them to troll the net, only for updates.

It's been my understanding, from being on this forum that if you run an Anti virus program it will usually screw up your editing pleasure.

So, now, I'm running MS Win 7 Ultimate 64 with no problems for two years.
In the last couple of months, I've got some red light bugs. I've already tried MS SUR software. It works, but doesn't kill the bugs in the registry. So, to fix this, I'm going to use a sledge hammer and just format C, re load the OS with the updates, past SP1.

After that, would it be a problem to put in a ver of Norton 360 or PC optimizer and turn it on and off? or just run it once a month and remove the darn thing?
Any ideas?

Thanks
pat www.appleson.com
Matrox_Support_Joe
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Pat,

What do you mean by 'red light bugs'?

You can have MXO2 installed with anti-virus software however you will get a warning when launching Premiere that doing so might cause dropped frames.

Page 54 from user guide for 7.5.1 driver:

Running antivirus software with Adobe Premiere Pro

To avoid having dropped frames or other performance issues when working with
    Adobe Premiere Pro, make sure that you disable any antivirus scanning of files
    while running Premiere Pro. If possible, schedule your antivirus scanning at a
    time when you're not using Premiere Pro, such as overnight or on the weekend.

Regarding registry cleaners, they can be used at your discretion. One good one is Ccleaner. We have never heard of Microsoft Sur.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: