Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Embedded Time Code over HD-SDI ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Product Feature Enhancements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thisiswells
(MXO2)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:07 pm    Post subject: Embedded Time Code over HD-SDI ? Reply with quote

Can the MXO-2 understand the embedded time code on an HD-SDI video signal, also referred to as SMPTE RP-188? I am well aware that Final Cut Pro does not read the TC over SMPTE RP-188 (only understands RS-422 in Log and Capture), but other applications do read it. I need a definitive answer.

As you're aware, the AJA IO HD comes with a free application called VTR Xchange that captures hi def video with embedded time code over HD-SDI, but only works with AJA hardware. Will you be coming out with a similar software tool? Or, better yet, implement an RP-188 to RS-422 conversion system in the MXO-2! The MOTU interface, that you're competing with , has this feature built in as well.

So, honestly, at this point, I need a compelling reason to keep the MXO-2 a little longer, instead of replacing it with one of your competitor's products...
Andy Mees
(MXO)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed. The ability to handle and work with embedded HD-SDI timecode on input and to generate embedded HD-SDI timecode on output would be exceptionally useful.
acommiskey
(MXO)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This option would definitely save me a few headaches and expand my money making options.
rogerwatling
(MXO2)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have thought that would have been on page one of the requirements. So far I've only used my 02 at home, they use a different manufacturer where I now work so haven't tried the TC option yet.
davemcgraw123@gmail.com
(MXO2 LE)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:06 pm    Post subject: timecode from SDI HD Reply with quote

Please. Please.

I bought 3 matrox LE. Please. How do I get time-code out of the SDI hd. That seems like video 101.

Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!
davemcgraw123@gmail.com
(MXO2 LE)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:09 pm    Post subject: Time code Reply with quote

How do we get time code from SDI hd.

that seems like video 101. We bought 3 Matrox LE. the promotion sakd they accept SDI HD. SDI HD has time code.

the Matrox documentation is very misleading..

I have a project starting Monday. I need time code.

any suggestions.
rogerwatling
(MXO2)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried calling the support number in case they are not monitoring this?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Product Feature Enhancements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: