Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Matrox MXO2 Mini Max crash on encoding
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with previous versions of Adobe & other supported software (Windows)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
filmfabrique
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)




Joined: 04 Jul 2005
Posts: 60

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can moderate my previous post.
So here I go again. Sorry for this.
But quote and url where @ the wrong place.
Quote:
Thank you for your feedback. If you absolutely would like to see Windows 8 support with Matrox MXO2 devices, we recommend posting a message on our feature request forum: http://forum.matrox.com/mxo/viewforum.php?f=6
This forum is moderated by our Tech/Marketing team; it is they who decide on features and support levels for MXO2 drivers.


Oh my god. I hope this is a joke...!!!!

@ Sebasvideo Just my opinion.
Sell your your Matrox device (I do not now if anyone want it anymore by now) Your system has enough power to render h.264 even faster then with Matrox Max Wink and will be a lot more stable without Matrox software.

I share your pain.
Look @ http://forum.matrox.com/mxo/viewtopic.php?t=13192
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sebasvideo
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)




Joined: 04 Jul 2005
Posts: 39

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Repeat post for continuity Reply with quote

I don't really want to sell it. I don't only use it for encoding, although it's still a bit faster than my CPU, but mostly to monitor video properly on my TV set. Using the secondary monitor preview in Premiere itself is useless, the video stutters like all video played using a computer graphics card. The Matrox MXO2 Mini Max is an excellent product, but Matrox doesn't seem to stay behind it when they don't have proper drivers for a new major OS a year after it was released.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
filmfabrique
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)




Joined: 04 Jul 2005
Posts: 60

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand you.
I also liked all my previous Matrox devices.
But the decision from Matrox to do not support Windows 8 after more then one year on the market is ridiculous.
Like I said in another post i have terabytes of Matrox video's.
I started to converted them now to another archive format.
But it wil take me over 6 months I think... so no more Matrox for me ever because of this!
This is to crazy.
Matrox VFW codecs are legacy now.
Also with the latest NVIDEA video cards you can output to 3 monitors at once without stuttering in full quality.
And for the price of Matrox products you can even buy a professional grade monitor.

Sorry but they are getting so on my nerves with their latest comments about windows 8 support.
Im so fed up with them!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sebasvideo
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)




Joined: 04 Jul 2005
Posts: 39

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, but I assume at some point they will support it. Still, do you think it's worth it to convert several terabytes of footage? Why would you have to convert them anyway? Camera footage has different formats that don't have anything to do with the Matrox card, the card outputs the video and also can encode the timeline if you have the Max option.

But you're wrong about the Nvidia cards, I have one of the newest, a GTX 770 with 4 GB of RAM, and while it can feed 3 monitors, Premiere doesn't output the same stutter free signal that it does with the Matrox. Especially when it comes to 1080i. Perhaps 1080p or 720p.

And I don't know which Matrox products are you talking about, but for the $650 that I paid for my MXO2 Mini Max in 2012 there's no chance I can get any kind of professional monitor. At best I can get a decent 32" Sony or Samsung that can be a good substitute for a professional monitor if properly calibrated.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
filmfabrique
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)




Joined: 04 Jul 2005
Posts: 60

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why asume that they wil support it?
It is over one year now!
As they still say to post it in the Product Feature Enhancements section.
Yes Santa Claus lives also in Europe Wink

As for the convert of the terabytes...
in the beginning I was using the Matrox rtX100
then stept up to Matrox RTX2
then Matrox mini with max.
Yes this is more then the price of a good professional grade even a 4K monitor already.
At the end of the RTX2 they put the VFW codecs on the market for free of use.
I liked this codecs a lot there was also an option to include alpha channels.
So every project and raw files I rendered out to this great Matrox i-frame codec for archiving and storage to re-use in later projects.
But now I can play not one of this files back in windows 8.1.
Do you understand my frustration? They all need conversion now on an older windows 7 workstation.
And with my GTX 780 with4 GB ram with Creative cloud CC i use 3 monitors with 720P 1080P or1080i and even 2K material without a hickup.
And my monitor is also calibrated just not with Matrox Wink anymore.
I even do 3D video with EDIUS.
It is clearly for me if you use Creative cloud CC native without Matrox drivers it will work a whole lot better then with Matrox drivers even on Windows 7?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Alan Craven
(MXO)




Joined: 04 Jul 2005
Posts: 172

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do you assume that Matrox must be able to produce drivers for Windows 8?

It is very likely that Microsoft have made changes to the Windows code that make it incompatible with the Matrox hardware.

After all the MXO2 pre-dates Windows 8 by several years, and to accommodate tablet devices Microsoft have inevitably made significant changes to Windows.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sebasvideo
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)




Joined: 04 Jul 2005
Posts: 39

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alan Craven wrote:
Why do you assume that Matrox must be able to produce drivers for Windows 8?

It is very likely that Microsoft have made changes to the Windows code that make it incompatible with the Matrox hardware.


Do you know that for sure? Both you and I are just speculating. If Matrox produced a beta driver for Windows 8 already, chances are eventually they will release a final version. If Microsoft would have made such a big change not even beta drivers would be possible. Windows 8 is another NT based kernel like Windows 7.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sebasvideo
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)




Joined: 04 Jul 2005
Posts: 39

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: It is NOT Windows 8 Reply with quote

OK, now I can say without a doubt that this is NOT related to Windows 8.1 at all. I wiped the hard drive with Windows 8.1 completely (and I mean wiped by doing a CLEAN command in diskpart) and installed Win 7 Pro. I didn't do it only because of this, to be honest Windows 8.1 was getting on my nerves for many other things.

The timeline, under Windows 7 with all the updates, latest drivers, up to date CS6, super fresh install still crashes when exporting it using the Matrox 264 Blu-ray encoder. And it's the same buggy file that makes it crash. So there, it's not Windows 8, it's buggy drivers. So Matrox please fix.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Alan Craven
(MXO)




Joined: 04 Jul 2005
Posts: 172

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Buggy drivers were the cause of your failed export using the Matrox 264 Blu-ray encoder, then it would fail for me (and everyone else) as well. Well it does not fail for me. EVER.

It never has, and my Windows 7 installation is going on two years old, which is at least twice as long as Windows has ever survived for me before.

The current Matrox drivers for Windows 7 and the MXO2 with MAX do exactly what it says on the tin, and they are rock solid for me, so they should be for you..

I'm sorry, but your problems must lie elsewhere than the Matrox drivers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sebasvideo
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)




Joined: 04 Jul 2005
Posts: 39

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alan Craven wrote:
I'm sorry, but your problems must lie elsewhere than the Matrox drivers.


Look, it's very easy. The timeline exports without a hitch using the h.264 encoder that comes with Premiere, and also its DVD exporter. It crashes when using the Matrox 264 encoder, simple logic says that the Matrox drivers are buggy, end of story.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
filmfabrique
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)




Joined: 04 Jul 2005
Posts: 60

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sebasvideo is right about this.

In the time of RTX.2 matrox had rock solid drivers but for mxo2 with max

I never had a good driver and my box is always never used. Even with windows 7. In my opinion Matrox software drivers always break things down that will work great in an native Adobe workflow.


Someone wants to buy mxo2 mini with max? It comes both with a pci express card for workstations and Matrox ExpressCard for laptops.

And they should make a driver for windows 8!
They make recent products like Mojito max that uses the same drivers and ask people to stay at windows 7.
What a laugh!

For me personally i do not need even a driver for windows 8.

But just the VFW codecs!!!

How hard can it be to release the codecs for new operating systems.
I can play avid, edius, red , dv ,hdv, h264,xdcam, quicktime, prores any many many more all on my PC.
And no Matrox codec anymore. This is he joke of the century. then you also have the opensource type codecs and they play also on any operating system.
So please do not tell me that you have a descent engineering team over there. If so go to work an make Matrox back a professional company.

Otherwise put it on your boxes "this will only work with older systems".
Not future proof!!!

Matrox be proud step up and do something!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Alan Craven
(MXO)




Joined: 04 Jul 2005
Posts: 172

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sebasvideo wrote:
Alan Craven wrote:
I'm sorry, but your problems must lie elsewhere than the Matrox drivers.


Look, it's very easy. The timeline exports without a hitch using the h.264 encoder that comes with Premiere, and also its DVD exporter. It crashes when using the Matrox 264 encoder, simple logic says that the Matrox drivers are buggy, end of story.


"simple", but flawed logic, I am afraid. The same Matrox driver, Windows 7, and Premiere CS6 combination does not exhibit this MAX problem on my system. Never has with CS6. I see no other streams of Matrox users complaining of this "bug" on the forum.

Logic suggests there is something about your system which my system does not share. Most likely a driver for something else which conflicts with the Matrox driver. You could say that is a fault of Matrox, equally you could say it is a fault of the other driver publisher.

As for Windows 8, I have to agree that there should be validated drivers by now, if it is possible to produce them. Recently Matrox have been rather more timely at producing drivers to handle new versions of Adobe or Windows than they used to be. My guess is, as I said earlier, that there is some major problem for them introduced with the new code in Windows 8. If that is the case, it would be good customer relations if Matrox were to say so. Unfortunately they have always been bad at that side of things.

Unfortunately, I suspect the MXO2 line is nearing end of life. This happens, and there is nothing to be done about it. Mine will join my RTX100 and RTX2 being picked over on a dump somewhere in East Asia I guess!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Matrox_Support_Joe
(Moderator)

Site Admin


Joined: 04 Jul 2005
Posts: 3323

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:10 am    Post subject: Re: It is NOT Windows 8 Reply with quote

sebasvideo wrote:
OK, now I can say without a doubt that this is NOT related to Windows 8.1 at all. I wiped the hard drive with Windows 8.1 completely (and I mean wiped by doing a CLEAN command in diskpart) and installed Win 7 Pro. I didn't do it only because of this, to be honest Windows 8.1 was getting on my nerves for many other things.

The timeline, under Windows 7 with all the updates, latest drivers, up to date CS6, super fresh install still crashes when exporting it using the Matrox 264 Blu-ray encoder. And it's the same buggy file that makes it crash. So there, it's not Windows 8, it's buggy drivers. So Matrox please fix.


Thanks for taking the steps to get on a supported setup. Is this issue occurring only with one sequence or does it occur consistently with all sequences?
_________________
Regards,
Joe
Matrox Video Technical Support
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sebasvideo
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)




Joined: 04 Jul 2005
Posts: 39

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alan Craven wrote:
sebasvideo wrote:
Alan Craven wrote:
I'm sorry, but your problems must lie elsewhere than the Matrox drivers.


Look, it's very easy. The timeline exports without a hitch using the h.264 encoder that comes with Premiere, and also its DVD exporter. It crashes when using the Matrox 264 encoder, simple logic says that the Matrox drivers are buggy, end of story.


"simple", but flawed logic, I am afraid. The same Matrox driver, Windows 7, and Premiere CS6 combination does not exhibit this MAX problem on my system. Never has with CS6. I see no other streams of Matrox users complaining of this "bug" on the forum.


No, it's not flawed logic. I'm not saying that perhaps there is something in this sequence that perhaps the Matrox encoder doesn't like and it crashes, however, if it was something messed up in this project, encoding to the Premiere's own h.264 encoder would crash it too. The same goes for hardware, if there was a component that doesn't play well with Premiere it would crash when using its own encoder. Besides, the only card my workstation has is the Matrox one. And it's an installation that is completely fresh.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sebasvideo
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)




Joined: 04 Jul 2005
Posts: 39

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Re: It is NOT Windows 8 Reply with quote

Matrox_Support_Joe wrote:
Thanks for taking the steps to get on a supported setup. Is this issue occurring only with one sequence or does it occur consistently with all sequences?


I haven't exported other sequences yet. I might export this one to an avi file and then try to export it to Matrox 264 using Media Encoder. Since over a year ago when I bought the MXO2 this is the only time it crashed while encoding, so it might be that the current drivers have a bug.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with previous versions of Adobe & other supported software (Windows) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

This board is protected by Phpbbantispam
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group