Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MX02 Mini ISO Record on Macbook Pro

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase for Matrox MXO2 Mini
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MercianMedia
(MXO)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:20 am    Post subject: MX02 Mini ISO Record on Macbook Pro Reply with quote

Hi. I am considering choosing a Matrox MX02 Mini with MAX over an Intensity Extreme. My main point of purchase is the ability to stream to Wirecast, but I also want to ISO record the same source. I know the Matrox CS4 allows this. But I've read many pages stating the MX02 can do this, however I cannot find the exact way to do this on a Mac.

There's plenty of "Wirecast for Windows" explanations, but not for Mac.

Can you point me in the right direction? This is the pivotal reason for purchasing an MX02.
Andrew Smith
(MXO2 with MAX)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Matrox Monarch might be what you are looking for. See http://www.matrox.com/video/en/products/monarch_hd/

Also, given that this will be a dedicated computer for this sort of purpose, why not just purchase a Windows box? Gets the job done and you have all the options at your disposal.

Andrew
MercianMedia
(MXO)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:17 am    Post subject: MX02 ISO recording capability Reply with quote

Thanks for the info, Andrew. The Monarch isn't what we're after, as we'll have a multitude of video signals later on for capture and streaming, including component. Our first set-up and job is likely PAL composite. The Monarch appears to have just HDMI in.

Regarding buying a Windows box, we want to use the equipment we currently have, which is Macs. Buying a Monarch and dedicated Windows box is not in our budget.

It's a bit frustrating as a lot of websites and online shops mention the ISO Record function for the MX02, but miss out the "Native support for Wirecast for Windows". It was highlighted to us as the major selling point for our needs.

To quote the Matrox website; "Your Matrox product not only sends a video feed to Wirecast for streaming, it simultaneously creates a high-quality ISO recording of the original video and audio feed on disk".

To go back to the original question, does anyone have a clear cut answer whether the MX02 allow ISO recording whilst simultaneously streaming to Wirecast on a Mac?
Andrew Smith
(MXO2 with MAX)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll leave this one for the dedicated tech guys to answer. They should be back in the next eight hours or so.

Andrew
MercianMedia
(MXO)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone have any updates on this?
Matrox_Presales
(Moderator)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We don't support an ISO recording workflow on the MAC. This is supported on the PC only. For MAC recording of your stream, you have to use the regular Wirecast "save stream to disk" function.

Hope this helps...

Thanks,
BC
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase for Matrox MXO2 Mini All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

This board is protected by Phpbbantispam