Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Just checking MXO2 Mini requirements, please!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase for Matrox MXO2 Mini
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mooblie
(MXO)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:46 am    Post subject: Just checking MXO2 Mini requirements, please! Reply with quote

Hi - I have been using an MXO for about 5 years, and it recently died. Sad Rather than get an (expensive/obsolete) replacement MXO, I think an MXO2 Mini will do what I want. But I need to check two issues:

1. Will the MXO2 Mini's PCIe interface card work in my 2008 "Dual Quad Core" 2.8GHz Xeon Mac Pro 3,1?

2. Will the MXO2 Mini drive my Dell 2408WFPb screen OK, via its HDMI input? (This native 24", 1920x1200 pixel display correctly letteboxes a 1920x1080 HDMI input when fed to it.)

Many thanks in anticipation of any help!
mooblie
(MXO)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One follow up question, if I may:

3. I'm running Snow Leopard OS X 10.6.8 - what is the latest MXO2 software compatible with that?

Thanks!
mooblie
(MXO)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

4. And is FCP v7.0.3 (not "X") OK?
Matrox_Presales
(Moderator)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and thank you for your continued support and interest in Matrox products. With regards to your inquiries, please note the following:

1) The PCIe adapter card is just an extension to the cable connecting the MXO2 Mini to your Mac Pro. So to answer your first question, please check our MXO2 Mini system requirements.

2) As for your second question, please note that Matrox MXO2 Mini's HDMI output provides 1:1 pixel mapping for accurate monitoring on HDMI monitors and televisions and to take full advantage of the Matrox MXO2 Mini, an HDMI monitor/television must support the following:
- An HDMI input resolution of 1920x1080
- 1:1 pixel mapping (aspect ratio of 1:1) on the HDMI input. On some HDMI monitors, 1:1 pixel mapping is sometimes referred to as "dot-by-dot", "Full Pixel", or "Just Scan" mode. Please check this page for further details on our HDMI monitor requirements.

3) The drivers that would be best suited for your OS SL10.6.8 would be our Release: (2.5.0.0034). Although in the description of this version, we state that this driver is built for OS X Lion only, but it is proven that its also compatible with your Snow Leopard OS X 10.6.8 version.

4) Our same driver version (2.5.0.0034) - proposed for use with your OS - is compatible with your FCP v7.0.3

Hope this helps...

Please let us know if you have any other questions...

Best regards,
BC
mooblie
(MXO)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks, BC for your reply.

I guess the only remaining question is whether my Dell 2408WFPb acts OK when fed with 1920x1080 HDMI signal - I believe it does, as it correctly letterboxes a 1920x1080 signal from a Mac Mini...

If I may ask you to look at my final question about my (probably) dead MXO, which I have posted over in the MXO forum, here:

http://forum.matrox.com/mxo/viewtopic.php?p=42953

Thanks again!
Matrox_Presales
(Moderator)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll leave the floor open to see if anyone is using this Dell 2408WFPb in order to comment on their experience...As for your MXO forum post, I've requested our Technical Support Team to address your questions, posted there...

Best regards,
BC
mooblie
(MXO)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again, BC.

So: anyone out there using a Dell 2408WFPb with a MXO2 Mini?...
Matrox_Support_Vic
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Due to in activity with this thread, it will now be locked.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase for Matrox MXO2 Mini All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

This board is protected by Phpbbantispam