Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Playback freezes every 5 minutes
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with previous versions of Adobe & other supported software (Windows)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matrox_Support_Sam
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dieter,

Sorry for the delay in reply. I was away on holiday.
We did not receive the latest JVC files you uploaded. Would it be possible to upload the files again?

We are trying similar projects in house and have not been able to reproduce the issue.
As mentioned in our User Guide on page 55, the Matrox Realtime setting provides realtime Matrox effects and acceleration of many Premiere Pro effects. You can clear this option if you want the realtime performance of your project to depend only on the capabilities of Premiere Pro and your computer system.

Please let us know when the files are uploaded.
JP Costa BRaga
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:50 pm    Post subject: MX)2 mini Max hanging Reply with quote

Same problem here

I was editing like butter without the matrox mxo2 mini max, but when installed everything delays, freezes, gets stuck.

Tried everything in this thread. Nothing works

Tried even to put a brand new system HD, installed everything fresh, latest drivers, Cs 5.5 and still no luck.

What to do? Should I give up the matrox untill a new softare or driver update?
Matrox_Support_Sam
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi JP Costa BRaga,

Can you confirm your system specs? OS? Motherboard? Graphic card?
Are you running the latest Windows and system updates?
Are you running with SSD for system or storage drives? If so, can you try the suggestions mentioned in the post below regarding SSD setups for your system? Try disabling "turn off hard drive" option for SSD configuration. See post below for reference.
http://forum.matrox.com/mxo/viewtopic.php?t=6395

You can also disable Sleep/Hibernate modes and any anti-virus softwares which may be running in the background process.

Have you tried running with Mercury Software engine? No GPU acceleration?

Have you tried disabling the Matrox Realtime Engine, available in General tab of Playback Settings window? Uncheck the Enable Matrox RT technology setting and see if this helps.

Can you give us some details on the type of project and footage you are working with in Premiere?
JP Costa BRaga
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Core i7 920
8 GIGS DDR3
NVDIA 285 GTX
windows 7 ultimate
Adobe CS 5.5
Western Digital HD 1.5 tera 7200 RPM 32 buffer

Only Adobe updated and latest matrox driver on site. Clean install.

Tried a new project for this, so wouldn't have cache or previews. Opened a test project. Multiple files from all my cameras EX3, Z7, Cann 7D, PMW F3.

And yes I have tried every specs and things you already suggested in this and other threads. I believe is a firmware problem between adobe Cs5.5 and you guys.

Hope you solve it. Cuz I am a big fun of Mtrox and a big spreader of good things and tips here at Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, and always recomended matrox. So I would hate to loose credibility. And last and most important, would REALLY hate to stop monitoring my projects, just because of this.
Matrox_Support_Sam
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you running Windows 7 64-bit version?

Have you tried disabling the Matrox Realtime Engine, available in General tab of Playback Settings window? Uncheck the Enable Matrox RT technology setting and see if this helps. This specific setting helped previous user (rzpro) in this post. Can you confirm this?

What Matrox sequence setting are you running? Resolution, frame rate?
Would it be possible to send us a sample project which reproduces the issue you are seeing?
JP Costa BRaga
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:14 pm    Post subject: Tried everything Reply with quote

I tried all presets, all files and resolutions, as I said I installed a new machine only for tests, just so nothing on the other edit bay old stuff would mess with it.

Tried all the presets, disabled the RT, tried as I said footage from all my cameras, even transcoded some to DNX HD, and still lagging. When I open a sequence with adobe presets, and adobe player: BUTTER, when I open Matrox presets and Matrox PLayer.. lagging....

Tried disabling hings, did the other thread audio tip. It seems to be a Cs5.5 Mercury > NVDIA > Matrox Problem.. Not comunicating properly.
Matrox_Support_Sam
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To confirm, are you exhibiting sluggishness during scrubbing and playback over yellow or red bar segments?
Or is your issue related to freezing as this user mentioned in this specific post?
rzpro
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sam,

here I am again, back from holiday, too.
I tried to upload a file from my JVC HM700 called 701G0118_07.mp4 yesterday.
ftp told me succes, did you receive it? it should be 779MB. If not: is there a limit to the file size for upload?

Still the same thing here: If I disable the Matrox Realtime Engine, the freezes are gone ...

Regards
Dieter
Matrox_Support_Sam
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dieter,

We received your file and tested it in house. The file and your project did not cause any freezes so far.
However, there is a delay when scrubbing over yellow or red bar segments but does not cause freezing.

I noticed your project file contains nested sequences which are from Adobe native custom sequences within a Matrox sequence. Is this your regular workflow?

Can you create original Matrox sequences which match your footage and if needed, then nest the Matrox sequence within a Matrox sequence?
Do you still get the same behavior without nesting the sequences or when using only Matrox nested sequences?

I also noticed your footage is 720p50 XDCAM EX and MXF files which are split or spanned. Can you confirm the files are indeed split or spanned?

Please let us know your results.
rblezer@home.nl
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, there.

Please check the location of the media cache (in edit>preferences>media).
the location should NOT be on any harddrive which is in either RAID 0 ,1 ,5, 10 or striped. Just one singel drive.

Richard Blezer
www.mxo2.nl
Matrox_Support_Sam
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the update Richard.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with previous versions of Adobe & other supported software (Windows) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: