Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MXO & Snow Leopard with ATI card

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ericcosh
(MXO)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:10 pm    Post subject: MXO & Snow Leopard with ATI card Reply with quote

I've downloaded Snow Leopard 6.0 (Originally I had to re-install Snow Leopard because when I did the software upgrade to 6.2 the MXO wouldn't work. I didn't realize that I had an ATI graphics card and thought I was ok.
Now I have another problem and that is I just purchased Aperture 3 only to find out that I have to have 6.2 to use it.

This is a real problem now because I either use m MXO or I use Aperture 3.
I can't use both.

So-----Is Matrox going to be getting a fix (Beta or other) for those of us who happen to own an ATI card, or are we just SOL.

Eric
Andy Mees
(MXO)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric, the issue seems to be with Snow Leopard's graphics drivers not the MXO driver and therefore it's not something that Matrox can fix at their end, it has to be fixed by Apple... as a fellow MXO user I can tell you that we (you, me, the other users and Matrox) are all hoping that Apple do fix this problem sooner rather than later. Current wishful thinking is that OS X 10.6.3 will bring the OS X graphics driver update that is needed, but there's no guarantee that it will. We just have to wait and see. You can be sure that once a compatible driver is released then Matrox will be rushing to provide MXO drivers to compliment that release.

Best
Andy
ericcosh
(MXO)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:56 pm    Post subject: ATI and 6.2 Reply with quote

Thanks Andy. Sure would hate to have to order a different graphic card just because of Apple.

Hopefully the Rabbi will say "I won't be long now". Just kidding,

eric
kwoff
(MXO)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy Mees wrote:
the issue seems to be with Snow Leopard's graphics drivers not the MXO driver and therefore it's not something that Matrox can fix at their end, it has to be fixed by Apple... You can be sure that once a compatible driver is released then Matrox will be rushing to provide MXO drivers to compliment that release.

Andy,

I am curious as to whether you are speaking on behalf of Matrox in posts like the above, or merely providing your own thoughts and speculation.

Cheers,
Kevin
Andy Mees
(MXO)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Kevin

Nope, I don't work for Matrox, and no I don't ever speak for them. These comments are all my own thoughts and speculation. With any luck I'm wrong.

Best
Andy
Andy Mees
(MXO)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New "official Matrox" post suggest good news may be coming to an ATI / MXO combo near you soon. Excellent stuff.

http://forum.matrox.com/mxo/viewtopic.php?p=10939#10939
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: