Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

(MXO 2.1.5 BETA) Does 10.6.3 solve MXO SL/FCS3 Issues

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kwoff
(MXO)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:01 pm    Post subject: Does 10.6.3 solve MXO SL/FCS3 Issues Reply with quote

I am wondering if the developer seeds of OS X Update 10.6.3 indicate that the ATI graphics card/ MXO 2.1.5 incompatibility in 10.6.2 are being resolved.

Thanks,
Kevin
Andy Mees
(MXO)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Kevin

As you can no doubt imagine, discussing any aspect whatsoever of pre-release Apple software, regardless of how benign that discussion may be, is strictly forbidden under the terms of the the NDA that any and all developers must agree to.

Best
Andy
kwoff
(MXO)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not being privy to the Apple NDA, I wouldn't know what its terms are, but you apparently have seen it, so I will take your word for it.

I have to say I am getting extremely frustrated dealing with the mess that trying to use the MXO for color correction has become. I simply want to know whether and when the MXO drivers are going to start working properly with Snow Leopard and FCS3 so that I can plan accordingly or start looking for another solution for HD monitoring. This endless waiting with no real information is simply not acceptable IMHO.

Kevin
Andy Mees
(MXO)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, well I can certainly appreciate the frustration Kevin and I'm sure Matrox are looking forward to a resolution just as much as their users!

That said, hand on heart, as yet I've seen no compelling reason to upgrade our production machines to Snow Leopard anyway ... it really offers us nothing that we don't already have, and only seems to offer potential compatibility problems in the short term, so thankfully the issue actually isn't affecting me yet ... our units are all still working just beautifully on the systems and software they were specifically bought for Razz

On the NDA front ... I haven't a clue what Matrox's NDA with Apple may be specifically, but I've signed beta testing NDA's from a number of companies in the past, including Apple, and they all seem to be much of a muchness ie lots of legal mumbo jumbo that basically amounts to "don't even think about discussing this stuff", so its a fair bet that the same rules are applying!

So bottom line, if you honest to goodness need MXO / Snow Leopard compatibility then for the time being you have to stick with the known good configurations (and remember there is a long time precedent for this in our industry, specific combinations of hardware and software versions are very carefully installed and maintained, consultants and systems integrators are paid darn good money for their expertise in this regard, and upgrades are generally avoided like the plague, forbidden in fact, unless or until they get the seal of approval aka if it's not broke don't fix it) ... or yes, as you note, you'll have to find an alternative solution that does currently work with the OS configuration you need to use.

Anyhoo, all holier than thou waffling aside (for which I apologize if I got carried away... again), lets just hope that 10.6.3 comes along, resolves the problem, and puts this whole issue to bed. Fingers crossed.

Andy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: