Matrox VS4 User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I'm new to this stuff..have a question about SDI inputs.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox VS4 User Forum Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase
View previous topic :: View next topic  
newguy61782
(MXO)

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 11:00 pm    Post subject: I'm new to this stuff..have a question about SDI inputs. Reply with quote

So, lets say the ministry I work for was just given a beast of a system with the Matrox VS4 Quad HD Capture card. We want to stream (using wirecast) and record events. We don't have money for new cameras right now, although eventually we want to do three cameras and an input from the presentation computer.
For now, we would like to get started with what we have, which is one camera (a Panasonic AG-HMC150) and a presentation computer. I believe that the Panasonic doesn't have SDI outputs...only HDMI, Component and Composite. This might be a dumb question (again, I'm new to this) but how to I connect the camera to this card and get the best quality signal? I'd also like to get a split from the presentation computer to go to the stream. I'm assuming for both that I will need some sort of adapters. If so, can anyone recommend specific adapters? Any help would be appreciated.
Matrox_Support_Vic
(MXO)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi newguy61782,

There is an easy way to do this. Yes a converter type of device will need to take your HDMI video source and convert it to SDI.

Matrox has another product, which is really for video editing, the MXO2 LE which would work.

Simply - video source goes to the MXO2's HDMI input. Then take the SDI out of MXO2, and connect that to the VS4.

There maybe other products which other users may suggest, as the MXO2 is primarily for video editing, and needs its own computer to function.

NOTE the MXO2 to get a HDMI input, the video source needs to be HD.

Regards

Vic
wstrieder
(MXO)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:50 pm    Post subject: SDI inputs Reply with quote

Hi,

I wanted to tag on to this post as it is a similar question. I am wanting to connect 4 cameras to a VS4 capture card. Two cameras have HDMI outs and two cameras have HD YPbPr outputs. Is there an elegant solution to connecting to the VS4's SDI inputs?

Thanks
Matrox_Support_Vic
(MXO)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi wstrieder,

Honestly there is no easy solution.....

The VS4 automatically detects video sources....

I would look for converter boxes which will do HDMI to SDI

for example: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?&ci=16590&N=4267396523+4276734426+4276734417+4276734418

and a component to SDI converter:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt=component+to+sdi+converters&N=0&InitialSearch=yes&sts=ma&Top+Nav-Search=

Or simply obtain other cameras.

Regards

Vic
Tech support
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox VS4 User Forum Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

This board is protected by Phpbbantispam