Matrox VS4 User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

VS4 on card down convert?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Matrox VS4 User Forum Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mill Woods Media
(MXO)

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: VS4 on card down convert? Reply with quote

I'm currently using a MXO2 LE with Wirecast to ingest a single 1080i 59.94 SDI video feed along with some XLR audio inputs. However I need to bring in at least two inputs (and return the MXO2 to its home in our edit suite).

So I'm very interested in the VS4 card as I can get an SDI audio embedder to take care of that. But the MXO2 also seems to be taking on a significant part of the processor load by doing a live down-convert to 720p before it hits Wirecast. Does the VS4 card offer any onboard capability like this? When I try ingesting a 1080i signal directly into Wirecast the CPU load spikes through the roof.

Thanks,
Christian
tosatech
(MXO)

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No the VS4 sees what you send and displays it within Wirecast. The panel for the ISO will record the signal as you send it in.

So the processing is done within Wirecast. You can create a 720 canvas and Stream your 1080i Footage at 720 but you have to remember that 1080i is interlaced and has a setting for PS and Psf within the Source Panel of Wirecast. I didn't like the way the VS4 took my 1080i signal so I send 720 59.94 and it is sharper. And you save hard drive space on your ISO if that matters.

The cool thing is that if you were to want to stream a live event in 720 or smaller then you can save your ISO as 1080 and create a program for BluRay later if you wanted.

You will need a fast computer if you are planning on 1080 and ISO capture with streaming and record to disc from Wirecast. I have a 12 Core and I can do everything at 720 with it, even stream to LiveStream.com through the producer software. I got a warning from livestream that my CPU was 90% but it never crashed while streaming 720 to livestream.com and recording 4 ISO at 300Mbit and recording a 720 MOV to disk while switching from the same computer.

You have to buy a RAID too at least a 2 Disk Array but for 720 or 1080 I would say 4 since you may have 4 ISO's and an MOV of your switched program.
Matrox_Support_Vic
(MXO)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do to in activity on this thread, it will now be closed.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Matrox VS4 User Forum Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

This board is protected by Phpbbantispam