Joined: 04 Jul 2005
|Posted: Tue May 24, 2016 9:22 am Post subject:
The VS4 card with (VS4 Recorder PRO software) is ideal for capturing 4 independent camera feeds. Recording codecs are Matrox Mpeg2-I frame, DV/DVC Pro, or H.264.
Data Rates and codecs
- If recording to Matrox Mpeg2 - i frame, the range is between 50 Mb/s and 300 Mb/s (default is 100 Mb/s).
- If recording to H.264, the range is between 1.1 Mb/s and 50 Mb/s (default is 20 Mb/s).
- If recording to DV/DVC Pro, then the standard codec bitrates apply.
I recommend to use Adobe Premiere for video editing since it exposes the markers entered during recording with VS4 Rec Pro. Markers can be added to the recordings by simply pressing the * key during recording with the Recorder Pro app. The markers will then be visible in the Adobe Premiere timeline.
The VS4 computer system should follow these requirements:
- Quicksync enabled cpu (Intel Ivy Bridge or Haswell processor) or Newer
- On-board Intel graphic adapter (must be user enabled/disabled in system BIOS)
- Nvidia GeForce or ATI Radeon graphic card
- Available PCI-e slot X16 electrical (for Nvidia/ATI graphic card)
- Available PCI-e slot X8 (or higher) (for Matrox VS4 card)
- Windows 7-64 or 8.1
Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions.