Matrox VS4 User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MatroxVS4 with external PCIe on mac?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox VS4 User Forum Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blueflamman
(MXO)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:37 am    Post subject: MatroxVS4 with external PCIe on mac? Reply with quote

Hi,
Have just stumbled across this product and am wondering if it is Mac comparable? I am wanting to use this card in an external Thunderbolt enclosure and record 4 x cameras in 1080p while Live streaming with Wirecast. Is this possible???? If so I would l really appreciate any help to find the best recommend external thunderbolt enclosure.

Thank you in advance
Matrox_Support_Joe
(Moderator)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

The VS4 is a PC-based product supporting 4 SDI inputs. It can be used solely to record (using the Matrox Recorder Pro application) or it can stream/record with other applications (Wirecast, StudioCoast vMIX and Metus Ingest). The VS4 Recorder Pro application allows captures directly to H.264. Files can be edited in editing applications such as Adobe Premiere CC 2014.

VS4 system requirements: http://www.matrox.com/video/en/support/windows/vs4/system/

VS4 general info: http://www.matrox.com/video/en/products/vs4/

If you build a custom system, follow these guidelines:

Mainboard: it should support an Intel Ivy Bridge or Haswell cpu and allow for a X8 or X16 graphic card installation and leave a X8 slot available for the VS4. Two X8 slots will be needed if you wish to add two VS4 cards on the same system.

CPU: Intel Ivy Bridge or Haswell i7 3.4GHz or higher OR dual Xeon at 2.4GHz or higher. CPU's should be Quicksync-enabled.

RAM: 8GB or more

Graphic card: Nvidia Geforce or ATI Radeon with at least 256MB

Storage: One 7200 rpm SATA II or two 7200 rpm SATA II drives in Striped RAID array

OS: Windows 7-64 SP1 or Win8.1 (supported through beta driver)

Note: We do not support or validate Thunderbolt enclosures.

Please let me know if you have any questions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox VS4 User Forum Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

This board is protected by Phpbbantispam