Matrox VS4 User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Capture-only?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox VS4 User Forum Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Guspaz
(MXO)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:37 am    Post subject: Capture-only? Reply with quote

Can the VS4 be used standalone (without wirecast) for recording?

I'm trying to find an affordable way to take four HD-SDI video feeds and record them, so I was wondering if I can put the VS4 in a computer and use it strictly to record to disk. No streaming or anything, just take the input from four cameras and record them.
Sugar_Bear
(MXO)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I just got my system and while I waited for the hardware, I downloaded Wirecast demo version to get familiar with it. When the hardware showed up, I was excitied, so I installed it, the drivers, and launched Wirecast and then went in to see the matrox capture app and test it (that is the feature that sold me). After my testing I went to check out the captures. Then I noticed that I never activated my wirecast software, the whole time it was in demo mode. So all that to say, you can use the matrox capture for recording with the demo version of Wirecast, the watermark and the lady talking does not get captured in the matrox app, the stream is what is affected.

Hope that helps.

Sugar_Bear
Monkeybiz
(MXO)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:05 am    Post subject: Matrox VS4 without wirecast Reply with quote

I too want to know if you can use the Matrox VS4 without buying or installing wirecast ? I would like to record 4 video feeds to disk using the Matrox ISO recording tool.
Does anyone know?
Matrox?
Thank you
Matthew Walter

Rolling Eyes

(MXO)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys, Telestream Wirecast is a requirement...Through this application, our VS4 ISO recording is exposed.

Thanks,
B.C.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox VS4 User Forum Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

This board is protected by Phpbbantispam