Log in to check your private messages
Matrox VS4 User Forum Forum Index
Post a reply
Please select "Yes" to submit your guest post
View more Emoticons
Disable BBCode in this post
Disable Smilies in this post
All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Select a forum
Supported Third-Party Applications
[WINDOWS PC] Technical Support
Known Issues and Solutions (READ ONLY)
Product Feature Enhancements
Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:18 pm
Thanks for reaching out to us with your questions.
1. VS4 supports Windows-systems only (Windows 7 or 10). (The discontinued Matrox Multi-Ingest card was similar to VS4 but for MAC only).
2. VS4Pro can record to any local or network path. Recordings action is controlled within the software. See Chapter 4 of the user guide for all details regarding the configuration and control of recordings.
3. ProRes422 is not a supported codec. VS4Pro can record to the following codecs/bit-rates:
- Matrox Mpeg2 - i frame: 50 Mb/s to 300 Mb/s (default is 100 Mb/s).
- H.264: 1.1 Mb/s to 50 Mb/s (default is 20 Mb/s).
- DV/DVC Pro: standard codec bitrates apply.
All of these codecs are editable (except for H.264 in FCP 7; The newer FCPX software handles H.264). Adobe Premiere retrieves the event markers (see page 29 of user guide).
4. VS4RecorderPro supports only the inputs connected to the VS4 card.
VS4 User guide download
Should the VS4Pro solution suit your needs, how many VS4 systems will you require?
What is the desired workflow?
Where are you located?
Posted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:58 am
Post subject: Basic understanding abt VS4
Was looking for replacing a dongle based recorder. Was interested to know below mentioned things.
1. Is Matrox VS4/ Pro available for Mac OS X ?
2. Can it be used for continuos recording on to SAN, with manual breaks?
3. Can we record it using Apple ProRes 422 codec, so that it can be directly draged on to timeline in Finalcut Pro for editing ?
4. Does VS4 /Pro work only on Matrox Hardware for capturing multiple Cams?
Please help me understand the above to take decision on my next project.
This board is protected by Phpbbantispam
© 2001, 2002 phpBB Group