Joined: 04 Jul 2005
|Posted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:29 pm Post subject: Matrox RT.X2 5.0 Beta Release for use with Adobe CS5
|Matrox RT.X2 5.0 Beta Release for use with Adobe CS5
Matrox is pleased to provide an open public beta release of the upcoming Matrox Mtx.utils 5.0 software that supports using Matrox RT.X2 with Adobe CS5 on a Windows 7 or Vista 64-bit system. This release provides the following new features for RT.X2 users:
* You can continue to take advantage of the realtime playback features of your RT.X2 hardware, and also benefit from tight integration with the Adobe Mercury Playback Engine.
For the final release, Mtx.utils 5.0 will provide unified software for all Matrox RT.X2, Axio, and MXO2 users. This means that projects created with Premiere Pro CS5 on Matrox MXO2 will be portable to a Matrox RT.X2 or Axio system, and projects created with Premiere Pro CS5 on Matrox RT.X2 or Axio will be portable to a Matrox MXO2 system.
* In response to high customer demand, you can now create and edit full-size 1920x1080i/p projects on RT.X2 and RT.X2 LE.
* You now have additional Matrox codec support, including capture and playback of MPEG-2 I-frame clips at up to 50 Mb/sec for SD video or 300 Mb/sec for HD video, and playback of DVCPRO HD clips (720p and 1080i).
Removal of previously supported features
With this new release, it was necessary to remove some of the features that we supported in previous releases. Here are the main features that are no longer available:
* The Matrox Flex GPU effects have been removed. This long-standing staple of our NLE products could not be reliably integrated into the Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 software architecture. Unfortunately, we were unable to effectively "share" the GPU resources with the Adobe Mercury Playback Engine to guarantee a reliable implementation, and therefore decided to eliminate the Matrox Flex GPU effects.
* The Matrox Flex CPU effects (color corrections, chroma keys, wipes, etc.) are no longer available in Adobe After Effects.
* Playback and export of MXF files are now performed using native Adobe Premiere Pro file reading and export capabilities, which includes support for P2 and XDCAM formats.
* The Matrox AVI format is no longer available for DV-1394 captures. To capture material from a DV-1394 device, you must use a native Adobe Premiere Pro DV or HDV capture format. To export your sequence to a DV-1394 device, you must copy or import your Matrox sequence into a native Adobe Premiere Pro sequence.
* Hardware accelerated exports are no longer supported, and the Matrox AVI export format is no longer available. To export to a Matrox AVI file, you can perform a VFW export by selecting the Microsoft AVI export format, and then selecting any of the available Matrox codecs for your export.
* Because of enhanced features and performance provided with Adobe CS5 and 64-bit Windows, the Matrox EZ-MXF, EZ-HDV AVI, and TGA to AVI conversion utilities are less useful and have been removed.
There are a number of issues with this beta software that we intend to resolve before the final release. The following is a list of issues that we feel are the most important to mention, although there are other known issues.
* Rendered video previews using the Matrox MPEG-2 I-frame codec in a Matrox NTSC sequence are corrupted. As a workaround, change the codec for your rendered previews to the Matrox Uncompressed SD codec. (Ref# 54601)
* Capturing analog component video in a Matrox 1080p sequence is not supported. (Ref# 54630)
* Certain MXF files are not imported correctly. (Ref# 54644)
* Using Matrox RT.X2 with Matrox CompressHD is not presently supported. (Ref# 54600)
How to report an issue
This beta software is being made available so that you can review the new features only, and Matrox will not be actively supporting customers who choose to use this software. If you encounter an issue that you would like to report to us, please download the following form: Bug_report.doc (27 KB), and email the completed form to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that although we will be reading all the emails received, we will not be responding directly to most of these emails.
Important: Matrox Mtx.utils 5.0 replaces the Matrox Mx.tools 4.2.1 and earlier software for RT.X2 products. Before installing Matrox Mtx.utils 5.0, you must uninstall all previous Mx.tools software by choosing Start > All Programs > Matrox Mx.tools > Uninstall Matrox Mx.tools. When prompted, choose to remove the Matrox effect patterns. After uninstalling Matrox Mx.tools, you must remove your Adobe CS4 or earlier software. Then install your Adobe CS5 software, and any other third-party programs for which you want to install the Matrox WYSIWYG plug-in, such as eyeon Fusion.
1. Download the following file to your hard drive: MtxUtils_50_Beta.exe (173 MB)
2. Run the downloaded file and follow the onscreen instructions to install Matrox Mtx.utils.
3. If you want to set up Matrox wipes in your Adobe Premiere Pro sequences, download the following file to your hard drive: MtxFxPatterns.exe (391 MB)
4. Run the downloaded file and follow the onscreen instructions to install the Matrox effect patterns.
For Windows 7 users: When installing Matrox Mtx.utils on a Windows 7 system, Windows will check the Microsoft Windows Update website for the latest device drivers, which will slow down the installation. To prevent this, click the status message that appears in the Windows notification area during the driver installation, and in the displayed dialog box, click "Skip obtaining driver software from Windows Update."
Matrox Customer Support