Matrox RTX2 User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Installation problems
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox RTX2 User Forum Forum Index -> RT.X2 Family (RT.X2, RT.X2 LE, RT.X2 SD)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ltjimster
(RT.X2)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:33 am    Post subject: Installation problems Reply with quote

Hello,

I've got a Editing system at the school that I work for and im having some problems installing the Matrox RTX2 hardware.

All I get when I try to install the driver software I all get is "before installing Matrox mx Tools, you need to install Adobe Premiere Pro CS3", but i have Premiere Pro 2.0 and it used to work perfecting fine on that version.

Any suggestions?

Cheers
Jamie
ltjimster
(RT.X2)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and also sorry forgot to mention i have another editing system with the same sort of problem to do with the Matrox Card, but this one i cant find any drivers for Windows XP 32Bit, it's a Matrox RTX100XP
Matrox_Support_Sam
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

What Premiere and Mx.tools version are you running?

What operating system and service pack are you running?

Regards,
Sam
ltjimster
(RT.X2)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm running Premiere Pro 2.0 on one with an old RTX100XP with drivers installed because i cant find any lol with service pack 2

The other is on the same apart from a RT.X2 card in it

Cheers
Jamie
ltjimster
(RT.X2)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry version 2.0 for the second with the RT.X2 card

But i cant even get PC to install the other card installed with the RTX100XP.
Matrox_Support_Sam
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

The latest RT.X2 drivers which support Premiere 2.0 are here:
http://matrox.com/video/en/support/rtx2/downloads/softwares/release2.0/

If you have XP with SP3 installed, please uninstall SP3 and revert back to SP2. After you have done this, then you can install the Mx.tools 2.0 driver version. Once the Mx.tools 2.0 install is complete, you can install back SP3 for Windows XP. SP3 was not supported at the time when the Mx.tools 2.0 drivers were released.

To resume the RT.X2 system install:
1- If you have XP SP3, uninstall it
2- Make sure you have Premiere 2.0 installed
3- Install the Mx.tools 2.0 drivers
4- Install XP SP3

For the latest RTX.100 drivers (build 6157) for Premiere 2.0, they can be found here:
http://matrox.com/video/en/support/rtx100/downloads/softwares/adobe_premiere_pro_20/

Please let us know your results.

Regards,
Sam
ltjimster
(RT.X2)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okey dokey thank you very much, will post the results when im done

Cheers
Jamie
ltjimster
(RT.X2)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,

Complete Disaster Laughing, Service pack 2 was installed on both of them so no need to uninstall and reinstall the service packs, On the PC with the RT.X100 Xtreme Pro card i can't install the Matrox tool software. All i get is "You must remove the matrox VFW software codecs from your system (using add/remove programs in windows control panel) before installing Matrox X.tools."
I've checked add/remove programs and its not even installed, not in program files or anything, so the card it's self isnt installed either is just in Device manager waiting for a driver, also tried browsing the CD to install it like that but no joy.

The PC with the RT.X2 card says "Before Installing Matrox Tools, you must install Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0". Premeire Pro 2.0 is installed and works fine, the card seems to be installed its just the Software to link to the TV that won't install.

Just a note i have no internet connection in the room which shouldnt make a difference really but thought i should mention it and also have done a system restore on both of them at one point, so i dont know if would make any problems and reloading the PC's from scratch might be a problem because the department dont know where the Premiere Pro 2.0 is

Cheers
Jamie
ltjimster
(RT.X2)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BUMP...... Smile
Matrox_Support_Peter
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jamie,

For the RT.X2:

Are there any other version's Premiere installed? Our installer see's the last version installed, sometimes even after it has been uninstalled.

For the Rt.x100:

Can you try the following:

Make sure hidden files/folders/extensions are selected

For this open My Computer> Tools> Folder Options> View> Select "Show hidden files and folders"

Step 1: uninstall the Matrox X-Tools if present (start, programs, Matrox X-tools, uninstall), then go to start, run and type regedit, under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\CURRENTVERSION\UNINSTALL\
And look for the key that starts with 444EE2E17 or 71682101, right click them and choose delete, then reboot.

Step 2: Uninstall Premiere Pro, Reboot system

Step 3: Delete left over folder in program file Directory, Click on My Computer> C:\ Drive> Program Files, find the folder called Matrox Mx.Tools and delete it. Do the same for the Adobe Premiere Pro folder.

Step 4: Clear the content of Windows Temp folder, My Computer> C:\> Windows> Temp

Step 5: Click Start> Run> Type "inf", a new window will open up, change the view to list and press the letter "O". This will bring you to all the files which start with the letter "O", now look for any files which are called oem*.*. These are Matrox driver files, which are left over in the computer, simply go and delete all these oem files.(Example of OEM files: oem1.inf, oem1.pnf, oem2.inf, oem2.pnf, etc...)

**Make sure you only delete the OEM files, because if other files are deleted you may corrupt other software/hardware operations**

Step 6: Go in Device Manager and delete left over Matrox entries, Right-click My computer>Manage> Device Manager> Matrox

Step 7: Empty Recycling Bin,Reboot system

Step 8: Cancel New Hardware Wizard

Step 9: Install Premiere Pro, then the Matrox Drivers.

Regards

Peter

Matrox Video Technical Support
ltjimster
(RT.X2)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okey i'll give that a try, only problem is when i come to uninstall i dont have the Premiere Pro 2.0 CD to reinstall it, so if i uninstall i'm nackered Laughing............... Is there any way to download it a copy, i can retrieve the Serial Number from the registry so thats not a problem.

I could install Premiere Pro 3.0 but i want that to be a last resort, can I use Premiere Pro 2.0 files on Premiere Pro 3.0? If i can avoid upgrading to Version 3 the would be great, easier for the members of staff Laughing
ltjimster
(RT.X2)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry forgot to answer the first bit Laughing, yes i did install the Adobe Premiere Pro 3.0 but i removed it and the Matrox tools for that version as well. Will i have to go into the registry and delete anything to do with Premiere Pro 3.0?
Matrox_Support_Peter
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jamie,

Quote:
Okey i'll give that a try, only problem is when i come to uninstall i dont have the Premiere Pro 2.0 CD to reinstall it, so if i uninstall i'm nackered ............... Is there any way to download it a copy, i can retrieve the Serial Number from the registry so thats not a problem.

I could install Premiere Pro 3.0 but i want that to be a last resort, can I use Premiere Pro 2.0 files on Premiere Pro 3.0? If i can avoid upgrading to Version 3 the would be great, easier for the members of staff

Please do all the steps excluding the uninstall/reinstall of Premiere. The RT.X100 was only supported up to version 2.0 of Premiere.

Quote:
sorry forgot to answer the first bit , yes i did install the Adobe Premiere Pro 3.0 but i removed it and the Matrox tools for that version as well. Will i have to go into the registry and delete anything to do with Premiere Pro 3.0?

Since you dont have access to your CS2 DVD, can you uninstall Premiere 2 and install Premiere 3 on the RT.X2 machine? you will be able to run CS2 projects in CS3. You would need version 3.6 of the Matrox tools available here:

http://www.matrox.com/video/en/support/rtx2/downloads/softwares/release3.6/

Regards

Peter

ltjimster
(RT.X2)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry to bother once again Laughing, its asking me log on to this FTP server to download the 3.6 matrox version, i've tried my logon for this forum, no joy and i've tried it anoymously with my email i registered with the matrox website no joy again.

Cheers
Jamie
Matrox_Support_Peter
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jamie,

Can you try a diferent browser such as Firefox or chrome? You should not be required to enter a user name and password when downloading from the site.

Regards

Peter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox RTX2 User Forum Forum Index -> RT.X2 Family (RT.X2, RT.X2 LE, RT.X2 SD) All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: