Matrox RTX100 User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problems capturing analog video with 6153
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Matrox RTX100 User Forum Forum Index -> Preview Release Adobe Production Studio
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mcrobphotography

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:55 pm    Post subject: Problems capturing analog video with 6153 Reply with quote

Has anyone had problems with the new 6153 PPro drivers when capturing analog video. I tried to capture around 30 minutes of video from a VCR and all seemed well untill the end. I used PPro 2.0 to capture. The file had no dropped frames while capturing. When complete I pressed ESC to end the capture and the computer locked up. I thought I must have made a mistake, so I rebooted and tried a second time. Same results after 30 minutes of recording. It did create an .avi file, but it was corrupted and unreadable. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
STEVE@GARMAN.COM

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've has the very same problem on a 12 minute program. It stops capturing but I am never offered the pop up that let's you enter the "save as" name for the file. And also, the file it does capture is no good.

I can capture short files like spots completely normal but anything of length crashes out or locks up and I never get a chance to save.

I won't even start on all the weird things the new Encore is doing. It doesn't look like they ever beta testest either one of these programs.

I hope they fix this soon or I'll have to uninstall everything and go back to the old version. I'm not sure who is at fault--Adobe or Matrox.
macksoft

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:51 am    Post subject: Confirmed problem Reply with quote

I'm very pleased I found this - I'm having exactly the same problem and wasn't sure where the problem lay. I can capture anything up to a few minutes but anything longer and I get exactly the same problem you both describe here.

The problem is specifically related to AVI capture - if you change the Video Format to "Matrox M2V Capture" it works perfectly.

Matrox: I realise 6153 is a beta release - please make sure this issue is corrected in the next production release of XTools as it's a feature I use a lot (and I'm sure others do too).

Does anyone know when the next production version of XTools is due out?

Regards

Brian Mackenzie
STEVE@GARMAN.COM

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to the tip here I was able to capture something 12 min. long in the M2V format rather than AVI which crashed. However, I can't output the M2V file from the timeline without doing a render and that will take 4 hours and 45 minutes.
I can't imagine that the RTX engine is invloved in this at all if it's taking that long.
Also the direct to DVD feature in PP2.0 was going to take at least that long. It started counting percentages in hundredths and after about 5 or 6 minutes finally got to 1%. So I'm guessing it had to render first as well.
Why do I feel like I've just gone back 5 years instead of forward?
I guess I'm glad that it captured the video correctly without crashing, but this release still needs a lot of work. I wouild recommend waiting if you haven't bought it yet. It will definitely impact your workflow in a negative way.
Lance_McQuaid

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:18 pm    Post subject: Analog Capture Solution Reply with quote

I was running into the same problem. I was attempting to capture a little over 1 hour of footage from a Beta Sp deck. The program crashed 2wice before I looked at the forums and found out what was going on. We worked around the problem by using a canopus AVDC-100. It converts the analog signal to firewire. I think they retail for a little over $100. There are other converters out there that are cheaper. I imported the footage through the firewire into a Matrox DV project and everything worked fine. Quality looked great.

Importing as an M2v file wasn't an option for me. I did a test with a short amount of footage and the rendering time was insane.

Another solution may be to use a digital video camera as the "bridge" to get the footage in through firewire. It's not the ideal setup, but it got me out of a jam and allowed me to finish my project.
Hope this helps.
STEVE@GARMAN.COM

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lance, appreciate the tip on the Camera throughput-that's excellent! I seem to be the only one in this thread who has posted computer information. Since my system is on the bottom edge of working with this new software, I'm wondering if that's as much an issue and the software itself. My setup worked fine with the old software and now the only thing it won't do is capture those long analog captures.

On the other hand I may not need to price a new computer if it really is only a software bug that hasn't been caught yet. I wonder if the other people here would publish their CPU stats? Maybe then we could see if there is anything in common regarding minimum requirements.

Thanks for the tip on capturing. I've learned enough in just this thread to keep working, and that's a relief. Sigh!
Steve Garman
vcnbv

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:25 pm    Post subject: Same here........ Reply with quote

I have the same problem.
Can't capture analog AVI video longer than about 15 minutes.
However when I capture video only instead of video/audio there
seems no problem at all Question

I hope the solution for this problem is near.

Regards

R.Redeker
Processor= P4 3.4 GHz
Ram= 1024 MB DDR2
OS Type= Win XP Home
Lance_McQuaid

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve, I'm running a slower machine as well. Dual P4 2.4, 1gig ram on XP pro. I'm not sure that this problem has as much to do with the system as with an error in the X tools. I'm sure a new release will have fixed the problem. Until then, I'm sticking to firewire.
macksoft

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lance/Steve

I'd put money on it not being inadequate hardware but rather it being a bug of some form in the AVI capture module of the latest version of XTools.

I just hope it's picked up in time to be fixed in the first production release. I would think it significant enough to be spotted and caught - in fact I'm surprised so few people have noticed it. But then if 95% of users don't do analog capture it might go some way to explaining it.

Brian

ABIT IC7-G mb with Intel P4 3Ghz, 2Gb RAM
STEVE@GARMAN.COM

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we feel sure that Matrox will notice this? Do they read these forums?
I'm suprised that no one "official" has jumped in to comment. Hopefully they will see it and fix the problem before the official release.

I also tried the "direct to DVD" mode in PP2. Boy I feel for those who have to use that. It crashed before it ever started burning but I'm guessing it was at least a 2 or 3 hour "encode" on a 12 minute video.
Thank God for real-time output with the RTX100!!!
Damon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

macsoft, you and I have the same motherboard(with the exception of the G), you cannot capture long analog? What slot do you have your card in and also what is your configuration as far as the machine is concerned? Maybe I can help because I am having no problem at all with this new build..

D
guillem

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem I cannot capture but of 15 minutes in format avi Crying or Very sad

Once captured when closing the capture Premiere without answer and the file avi this corrupt
BRUNOLORDFOTO

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see any problem with capture on my side.

Make sure that you don't capture on a FAT32 disk.

Also, please could you give us more details :
- what is the language version of Premiere?
- Do you get a crash? if a crash, you should be able to to give me the name of the dll where the crash occured. Is it a freeze of the application.

The more details you give, the better it is for us.

Thanks
Bruno
guillem

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Bruno. I use the spanish version of Premiere 2.0. I capture in disc format in ntfs seagate of 80 gbts. In when to the crash it happens me to the 20 minutes of capture in avi being frezee the capture screen. I do not know the DLL where it succes. Greetings
Oceanwind

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in the same boat...
I can capture a few minutes with no problem but anything close to 20 minutes or longer and it blows up.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Matrox RTX100 User Forum Forum Index -> Preview Release Adobe Production Studio All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: