Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mountain Lion Driver 10.8.2 ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ndavid
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Mountain Lion Driver 10.8.2 ? Reply with quote

Hi,

I have just built a new edit suite, and all the macs i have bought come with the latest OS.

My matrox's i bought only support right up to OS 10.8.1...Aint that a B*tch..

Please matrox team, do you guys have any idea when you will have an update for the MINI MXO2 With MAX to support 10.8.2 M.Lion

Regards
Matrox_Support_Vlad
(MXO)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi David,

We do have MXO2 drivers comparable with OS X Mountain Lion 10.8. Most of the latest and previous versions of editing applications are supported within these drivers.

For more detailed information on driver support please refer to our Supports/ Download site, link below.

http://www.matrox.com/video/en/support/downloads/

I hope this helps but do say if you have more queries.
ndavid
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:46 pm    Post subject: help Reply with quote

Hi,

ok, i am sure now after reading other posts the latest minimax software is not compatible with 10.8.2..

it only works for 10.8.1, when will you release a new update, this question has been asked before since sept 2012, if read older posts.

how ever, everything installs fine etc..
i am using adobe cs6 premiere 6.0.2
i cant see the matrox presets, their is a folder as you see in the pic, but when i export to h.264 it takes more then it is supposed to. i know some thing is wrong.

it feels like i have a ?600.00 box being lazy and looking good on my desk.

please download images and screenshots here thanks

http://www.sendspace.com/filegroup/fMYVHlhABBjprg82E6xzkw

please help.
Matrox_Support_Vlad
(MXO)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Install the Matrox MXO2 Mini MAX 3.3.0.0067 software for Mac OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2) and Lion (10.7.5). This software supports Adobe Premiere Pro 6.0.2 and Media Encoder 6.0.2.81.

http://www.matrox.com/video/en/support/downloads/

Note that due to Adobe's new Mercury Transmit feature, the interfacing with third-party hardware is a bit different than before. You no longer need to start with a "Matrox Sequence" - choose ANY Adobe sequence that matches your video spec and they all output via MXO2 hardware. Also, the playback settings for Matrox and CS6 are now found under Edit > Preferences > Playback.

Encoding times vary based on many factors. Most importantly is the codec of the source video.

MAX always encodes at the same speed. What differs is how long it takes for the video data to be ready. For example, encoding Prores source files is faster than encoding Prores HQ or XDCAM files. It's not MAX that is doing anything slower, it's that these dense codecs require more time to decompress and actually make the video data ready to MAX. Once the video data is made available to MAX, it processes it at its normal speed. This is why encoding time will vary based on your source file codec.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: