Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Will Matrox MX02 Mini do what I need & How

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase for Matrox MXO2 Mini
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bob mushroom
(MXO)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:01 pm    Post subject: Will Matrox MX02 Mini do what I need & How Reply with quote

I am a complete newbie and I am investigating what I need to meet a potential clients needs.

I have a MacBook Pro i5 (late 2010) and a Canon HF G10 camera that captures in AVCHD.

I will be recording live football matches for analysis after the game by the coaching staff

I wish to live capture the output from the Canon into my Macbook (or recorder) in order to produce 3 DVD's within 30 mins of the end of game (no editing required)

I also need to produce a separate MPEG-2 file to be uploaded into an analysis programme also.

Will the MX02 help me achieve my goal?
What would my setup look like?
What else do I need to consider?

Thanks for your support
Matrox_Presales
(Moderator)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Bob and thank you for your interest in Matrox products. You will first need to connect your MacBook Pro and our Matrox MXO2 family of products. If this is a 2010 model I would say you do not have a Thunderbolt port, so you will need a ExpressCard/34 slot. If your MacBook does not have either of these we will not be able to help you.

If you have an ExpressCard/34 slot you can see which Matrox product is right for you by clicking on this chart to see which I/O's you will be using. http://www.matrox.com/video/media/pdf/products/mxo2/en_compare_models.pdf

We are currently running a promotion on the Matrox MXO2 mini with Max http://www.matrox.com/video/en/special_offer/mxo2_mini_max/ Our Max technology helps you encode files to H.264 in real time and up to 5 times faster than software alone.

You can capture your video from your camera directly to Matrox codec, but you will then need to transcode that file to a DVD codec using a software such as Adobe Encore. The duration of this transcode is dependant on the quality of the video, the length of the video, and the speed of the computer.

regards,

JD
Customer Care
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase for Matrox MXO2 Mini All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

This board is protected by Phpbbantispam