Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Audio recording with Mojito

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase for Matrox Mojito MAX
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mefab
(MXO)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject: Audio recording with Mojito Reply with quote

Hello,

I'm interested in the Mojito capture card but I have a few questions about audio recording:

- is it possible to record analog XLR audio input when using HD SDI or HDMI video input ?
- is it possible to use analog input alone or as the input source using another video capture card (ie to capture VGA input that is not supported by the mojito) ?

Thank you.

Best regards,

Fab
Matrox_Presales
(Moderator)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello mefab and thank you for your interest in Matrox products. When you capture (record) from a video and audio source you have the option of any audio and video source you would like, you can essentially mix and match your sources. This is why we have the XLR, you can have an HD-SDI video feed with XLT audio, that is the most popular workflow that is not embedded audio.

You can capture Audio alone as a file, I am not sure how the two capture cards will work together. If you are using two different cards at a time they might struggle to work because of their unique software. I can not say for sure unless we test it.

regards,

JD
Customer Care
mefab
(MXO)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matrox_Presales wrote:

You can capture Audio alone as a file, I am not sure how the two capture cards will work together. If you are using two different cards at a time they might struggle to work because of their unique software. I can not say for sure unless we test it.

Thank you for this quick answer.

Basically, I would like to use the mojito audio input with another video capture card in software as Flash Media Live Encoder (via directshow / windows). This not the main use but I just would like to know if it is possible.

Regards,

Fab
Matrox_Presales
(Moderator)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello mefab and thank you for your continued interest in Matrox products. Without thoroughly testing this workflow I can not give you a firm answer. You are welcome to try it but this is not an approved Matrox workflow. We are designed to be the sole source and again I do not know if the cards will play nice with each other.

regards,

JD
Customer Care
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase for Matrox Mojito MAX All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

This board is protected by Phpbbantispam