Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MXO2 functionality and Sony EX1/EX3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase for Matrox MXO2, MXO2 LE and MXO2 Rack
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trian
(MXO)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:06 pm    Post subject: MXO2 functionality and Sony EX1/EX3 Reply with quote

Hello,

I´m a bit confused with your answer to the guest in a recent posting. He reflects:

"However as an EX-1 owner the MXO2 I think would allow me to import from the camera's HDSDI port 10bit 4:2:2 video which be higher quality than the 8bit 4:2:0 it records on the SxS cards."

I understand his "question" like this: Is it possible to send the HD-SDI outputs fram a Sony EX1/EX3 (in realtime - no card capture!) to the MXO2, using the Express card port on a Mac Book, and in the NLE choose a codec that delivers 10 bit 4:2:2 (ex Apple ProRes 422 HQ)? And if so, is the output from the MXO2 progressive (of course, the Sony also sends/records progressive)? Someone - somewhere - mentioned that the MXO2 only outputs interlaced when processing a set up like this. I can´t see the logic in this, but I may be missing something? Can you please clearify?

I think this question is valid for most EX1/EX3 owners, even if these cameras chosen format seem to survive chroma keying better than anyone initially imagined. It´s always nice to have the option. A portable option.

Thanks for your help.

Best,
Terje Rian
Customer_Care_Bassel
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Terje,

Thank you for posting on the MXO2 forum, with regards to your questions, we are still in our testing phases with the MXO2 and therefore can not comment at this point in time and answer your questions in more details. Please check with us soon for any new information that we can share with you once we get closer to the release date of the MXO2.

Thank you for your patience and understanding,

Best regards,
B.C.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase for Matrox MXO2, MXO2 LE and MXO2 Rack All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

This board is protected by Phpbbantispam