Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

express card slot problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase for Matrox MXO2, MXO2 LE and MXO2 Rack
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lenny
(MXO)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:37 pm    Post subject: express card slot problem Reply with quote

It looks like other people have offered this as a suggestion, but I want to make clear that its a problem as well.

I have an MXO and would prefer the MXO2 except that I am working off a MacbookPro and I have set up my system to run my eSATA media drives off the expresscard slot. The eSATA is a much better solution for media dirves as its much faster than firewire.
Obviously it would be great if either the MXO2 could work off of one eSATA port (leaving the other for media) or it had a passthrough for eSATA. Some kind of solution.

The other question I had was when recording in the field say to a MacPro (via expresscard) from an HD-SDI out of the camera, how many channels of of various kinds of video ( esp component & HD SDI) can you get for monitoring at the same time?

Is that question clear enough?

Lenny Levy
Matrox_Presales
(Moderator)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Lenny

The MXO2 must be connected to the express34 slot to function on a MacBookPro and requires the full bandwidth from the express34 slot to work.

Since the full bandwidth from the express34 slot is exclusively needed for the MXO2, it's not possible to connect the MXO2 to an eSATA port or allowing a passthrough for eSATA drives. Therefore, there isn't a workaround possible to connect both the eSATA drives and MXO2 to the express34 slot.

If you must connect the eSATA drives to the express34 slot, then you cannot use the MXO2 at the same time.

As for your other question, the MXO2 video outputs are all live, therefore you can monitor through SDI (HD/SD), Component (HD/SD) 12bit, Y/C 12bit, Composite 12bit and HDMI (HD/SD) all at the same time.

Have a great weekend

JC
Customer Care Representative
Video Products Group
Corporate Headquarters
Matrox Electronic Systems Ltd.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase for Matrox MXO2, MXO2 LE and MXO2 Rack All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

This board is protected by Phpbbantispam