Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

5.1 monitoring with mini max?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase for Matrox MXO2 Mini
View previous topic :: View next topic  
(MXO)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:33 pm    Post subject: 5.1 monitoring with mini max? Reply with quote

how do you monitor 5.1 on the matrox mini?
do you go hdmi out to a receiver that is capable of decoding that. and from the reciever hdmi out to your input on the hdmi monitor?

do you think there will be any lag or delay in sound going from the suround sound reciever to the monitor?

confused as to the workflow to monitor surround sound from the hdmi out.
Matrox_Presales
(Moderator)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and thank you for your interest in Matrox products. If you would like to monitor 5.1 surround sound from our MXO2 family of products you will need to use the Matrox MXO2 or the Matrox MXO2 Rack. You can see all the video and audio I/O's on this PDF file: http://www.matrox.com/video/media/pdf/products/mxo2/en_compare_models.pdf

There is 8 channels of embedded audio through HDMI, if your reciever can decode that there will be a delay but without having your receiver in house I could not say how long a delay it would be. Ideally you would monitor surround sound from the 6 RCA or the 8 XLR out puts.

regards,

JD
Customer Care
Pravin
(MXO2 with MAX)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi JD

How do you control the Master or Room level when using the Surround monitoring using MXO2? I have it all cabled and set up with 6 active speakers with Soundtrack Pro. Surround Panning works perfect but i dont have a master fader when sending sound from MXO2's RCA outs to speakers. How do i control the room level?

Thanks for any help
Regards
PJ
(MXO)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm confused. on your website it says. 7.1 montioring through the hdmi connection.
how does that work with the mini?
Matrox_Presales
(Moderator)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Pravin I will research your question.

Guest wrote:
Quote:
I'm confused. on your website it says. 7.1 montioring through the hdmi connection.
how does that work with the mini?

Can you please let us know where we say that? I believe that is incorrect and would like to remove it if any Matrox documentations says otherwise.

regards,

JD
Customer Care
Matrox_Presales
(Moderator)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Pravin, I have been told it's all done through the SW/application, use STP to control the room.

regards,

JD
Customer Care
Pravin
(MXO2 with MAX)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear JD,

Thanks for the response. But the thing is STP 3 does not have a 'room' level control.
The only way to control the monitoring level when using Matrox is to adjust the 'Master Fader' in STP. This is not a practical way of doing it as that should be at a constant position.
The practical way of controling the room level would be to use the OS volume control using the volume up/down keys in the keyboard. But the problem is all the 'System' volume controls are dissabled when using the Matrox surround monitoring system..
You can check this by pressing the volume up/down keys in the Apple keybord, the volume level is locked.
In my opinion the simplest solution would be to the problem is to enable the keyboard volume control (OS volume control) when using the Matrox MXO2.

Best regards
PJ
(MXO)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.matrox.com/video/en/products/mxo2_mini/

It says it right there in the third paragraph. 5.1 and 7.1 monitoring over hdmi.
Am I missing somethin?
No where on that page does it say you need the rack or mxo2.

So can you monitor 5.1 out of avid over hdmi? How do you do it?
Matrox_Presales
(Moderator)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and thank you for your interest in Matrox products. I was under the impression you wanted to have Direct surround sound monitoring http://www.matrox.com/video/media/pdf/products/mxo2/en_compare_models.pdf. Through HDMI we have 8 channels of embedded audio. You can assign these channels through the application. You will hear surround sound and can assign them to where you want. You will get 5.1 and 7.1 surround sound monitoring on the HDMI output.

regards,

JD
Customer Care
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase for Matrox MXO2 Mini All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

This board is protected by Phpbbantispam