Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Driver support for both FCP and Adobe
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Product Feature Enhancements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andrew Smith
(MXO2 with MAX)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did somebody say 'unified driver' and 'Matrox listens'? Good things may well be coming ...

http://forum.matrox.com/mxo/viewtopic.php?p=33536

Andrew
Punkley
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully they do one on the Mac side of things also, with Vetura
Patitas
(MXO2 LE with MAX)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa, thankfuly it's not just me! My requests:

- FCPX AND CS6 Support on the same driver (7 could be a bonus, but I'm moving on)

- Update notification, or some sort of thing that could warn when there's a new driver

- More detailed and acessible information about compatibility between versions of Driver, OS, Applications (including which set of apps). This would avoid problems with the last item.

- Lastly, please DON'T DROP FUNCTIONALITY with the new drivers.
In a MXO2 LE w/ MAX on a Lion system, Compressor 4.0.2 and Matrox Sw 2.5.0.0034, an editor updated to 10.7.4. Then ALL MAX conversions resulted in **** footage, wih a lot of compression artifacts. Thankfully there was 3.0.1 out, that corrected this, BUT without HARDWARE SCALING! This was a killer feature of these boards...
frantormo
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:14 am    Post subject: FCP7 CS6 incompatibility Reply with quote

Very sad situation, I will probably sell my matrox mini with max if I can?t switch between the to platforms. I got the same nightmare situations that the other guys. Snow Leopard, FCP7 and starting with CS6 without being able to out signal to a proper calibrated monitor. Sad
Please, fix this!!
frantormo
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:14 am    Post subject: FCP7 CS6 incompatibility Reply with quote

Very sad situation, I will probably sell my matrox mini with max if I cant switch between the to platforms. I got the same nightmare situations that the other guys. Snow Leopard, FCP7 and starting with CS6 without being able to out signal to a proper calibrated monitor.
Please, fix this
Sjoerd
(MXO)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a new owner (after MXO en Compress HD) of the MXO2 mini with MAX I hope that there will be a driver for CS (5.5) 6 and FCP X.
I mean just 1 driver.
And if FCP7 with Compressor 3.x also is supported that will be a vary big BONUS Laughing
Andrew Smith
(MXO2 with MAX)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patitas, for new driver notifications: Matrox sends out an email to the address you registered with for downloading the drivers at the time of installation.

Andrew
Alan Craven
(MXO)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew Smith wrote:
Patitas, for new driver notifications: Matrox sends out an email to the address you registered with for downloading the drivers at the time of installation.

Andrew

They certainly used to, but I have not had an email since my RTX100 days, and I have certainly registered both RTX2 and my current MXO2.

The last driver release for the MXO2 was not even publicised on this forum - I found out about it be chance! And it is a good release too, my system is noticeably faster in various ways.
Punkley
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yer everything is getting a little silly at the moment,

I have a new mac book on the way which will come with 10.8, which I guess is good.

However it makes the two matrox's I have kinda useless if I want to use it on that laptop.

I use the matrox for a lot of capture, and Final Cut X, however since the driver split, I can't get a driver that does both Final Cut X and Ventura. In fact I can't even capture under 10.8 at the moment I don't think.

It is really disappointing as I have two, one Mini & Max and one MXO2 & Max. They are both rapidly becoming paperweights and doorstops to me. Not because the hardware is bad, but because of software. The 3.0.1 driver was originally released in April, you would think 5 months later they might have at least brought there own tools into line.

I hate to see good hardware killed by bad software and development decisions.

What is more surprising is the lack of feedback regarding fixing this issue, and if they are even interested in fixing it. I spent a lot of money to get this device, I'm really just not impressed by what has happened. If I know they would have multiple streams of drivers, each for its own bit of software I would never have brought it. It really is just not what I signed up for.

Kingsley
Andrew Smith
(MXO2 with MAX)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Alan,

Back in the X.100 or RT2 days I managed to miss out on some sort of offer despite being fully registered. Dang annoying, that. I can only hope that things are more coherent these days. Somewhat surprised that someone with a current MXO2 registration would miss out on the email.

Andrew
Patitas
(MXO2 LE with MAX)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew Smith wrote:
Hi Alan,

Back in the X.100 or RT2 days I managed to miss out on some sort of offer despite being fully registered. Dang annoying, that. I can only hope that things are more coherent these days. Somewhat surprised that someone with a current MXO2 registration would miss out on the email.

Andrew

I know that they (sometimes) send e-mail notifications, but, like Alan, I just discovered the last update by accident! And the e-mails weren't even being blocked by my spam filter, because I check all messages once a week and there never was a Matrox one?

Funny thing is that just after I posted the last reply, I received an e-mail about a Windows driver, and I'm a Mac user. Ok, they couldn't know that (maybe tracking the downloads by user), and it's still useful, since the hardware is platform independent.

But, since the driver includes a Pref Pane, it could automatically check their server for updates (it requires login to download a driver, but, if you have it installed, I guess you have already done that once and has proven to be a customer), and offer you that update, including detailed information on what changed, what will work, which apps, etc. This could even be simplified if they unified the drivers. Looking at the competition, looks like their drivers support all the applications at once.
Patitas
(MXO2 LE with MAX)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew Smith wrote:
Hi Alan,

Andrew

I know that they (sometimes) send e-mail notifications, but, like Alan, I just discovered the last update by accident! And the e-mails weren't even being blocked by my spam filter, because I check all messages once a week and there never was a Matrox one?

Funny thing is that just after I posted the last reply, I received an e-mail about a Windows driver, and I'm a Mac user. Ok, they couldn't know that (maybe tracking the downloads by user), and it's still useful, since the hardware is platform independent.

But, since the driver includes a Pref Pane, it could automatically check their server for updates (it requires login to download a driver, but, if you have it installed, I guess you have already done that once and has proven to be a customer), and offer you that update, including detailed information on what changed, what will work, which apps, etc. This could even be simplified if they unified the drivers. Looking at the competition, looks like their drivers support all the applications at once.
Patitas
(MXO2 LE with MAX)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew Smith wrote:
Hi Alan,

Andrew

I know that they (sometimes) send e-mail notifications, but, like Alan, I just discovered the last update by accident! And the e-mails weren't even being blocked by my spam filter, because I check all messages once a week and there never was a Matrox one...

rjvddoes
(MXO2 with MAX)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please count me in for a unified driver too.
Although I'm editing mostly on FCPX nowadays, I still use FCP7 once in a while and I use After Effects on a regular basis. Not being able to use the MXO2 with a unified driver for all those programs is a hindrance.

Robbert-Jan
ponsmaar
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Unified Driver for FCP7 & CS6 & Vetura for Mac OS 10 Reply with quote

I've recently switched to CS6 after using FCP for a long time. Still using FCP7 but had to upgrade to Mountain Lion (10.8.2) to have external monitoring capabilities in CS6. (and lost the use of Vetura playback/capture.)

Matrox Support advised me to set up bootable partitions and run different OS's with Snow Leopard in one and Mountain Lion in another...because their drivers won't work in both.

FCP7 works in OS 10.8.2 but no external monitoring capability (HiDef anyway).

So, I am learning CS6...glad I'm switching, definite performance improvement...but still need to be able to work in FCP7. And, I really miss the stand alone file playback feature of Vetura.

So, yes please to one driver for all software.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Product Feature Enhancements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: